Sent extra pair of sunglasses lenses by mistake

(10 Posts)
CalamityJ Thu 06-Sep-12 22:26:58

I bought a brand new pair of sunglasses off eBay from America & found an extra set of lenses in the packaging. I contacted the seller to say it had arrived & what were the extra lenses for & got this reply:

Hi. I think we sent you the extra pair of lens by mistake. I am sure we can't take them back for it will cost more money to return them. You can keep them if you want. But I would appreciate if you at least pay our cost for the lens which is $20. If not, I will be okay. You can keep them anyways.

WWYD? If it makes any difference the sunglasses were Oakleys end of line stock costing £135.

Spons Thu 06-Sep-12 22:28:22

Pay it if you can afford to, if not sell them on and then pay.

QOD Thu 06-Sep-12 22:29:39

I wouldn't pay, what use are they? Do they clip on? What

CalamityJ Thu 06-Sep-12 22:33:28

I think the pair I bought have interchangeable lens options but I didn't specifically buy them for that feature.

QOD Thu 06-Sep-12 22:35:38

Nope, I wouldn't, they've got a cheek asking to be honest!

CalamityJ Thu 06-Sep-12 22:35:41

And by that I mean I don't really want to pay now for something I wouldn't have paid for in the first place. But now I have them if my husband does end up using them then technically he's benefiting from something I haven't paid for...

QOD Thu 06-Sep-12 22:50:09

Hard cheese. Honestly, I think they have a cheek asking if you'd like to pay, if it bothers you that much, stick a fiver in a guide dogs for the blind box sometime

CalamityJ Fri 07-Sep-12 23:11:05

Still in 2 minds about this if anyone else fancies giving their take on it?

QOD Sat 08-Sep-12 18:27:57

grin.

Bump

Mum2One7Y Fri 21-Sep-12 12:39:37

I wouldn't pay to be honest. You have contacted them and told them about the mistake so there is no dishonesty on your part. My opinion being if I make a mistake I pay for it, if the company/other person makes a mistake they should pay for it.

Why should you be out of pocket for their mistake? That's like being in a restaurant and being brought out a meal you haven't chosen or ordered and told 'well we know it is our mistake but we have cooked it so we will lose money and therefore if you wouldnt mind paying for our mistake we would be very grateful'. You wouldn't do that, priniciple is the same i think.

:D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now