Can anyone recommend a really gripping psychological thriller - pleaseeee

(29 Posts)
HalloweenQueen1 Wed 31-Aug-16 16:40:39

Basically what the title says. I'm all out of reading material so would love a really good, gripping page turner, that's a bit scary too

I've read all the Joe Nesbo books & the Belinha Bauer trilogy recently (loved them) and a few others for example You and In the darkest corner...,so any suggestions would be great wink thanks. HQ1

Jasonandyawegunorts Wed 31-Aug-16 16:44:05

Shattered by Richard Neely

ratspeaker Wed 31-Aug-16 16:45:01

Try Val McDermids books

Laska5772 Wed 31-Aug-16 16:50:41

Yrsa Sigurdardottir
I have only read The Silence of the Sea, but it was pretty creepy ..I keep waiting for the others c to come down in price on Kindle

I also really liked Lie with Me by Sabine Durrant recently ( thought thats not creepy as such , but v good)
and Remember Me this Way and Under your Skin also Sabine Durrant ( which are a bit)

Other good books are the Department Q books by Jussi Adler Olsen.
Start with 'Mercy' ..

bumpetybumpbumpbump Wed 31-Aug-16 20:07:46

I've also recently read the Sabine durrant ones and near the end of 'I see you'. Also in a dark dark wood and in her wake by Amanda Jennings.

Have you read before you go to sleep or behind closed doors ??

(Sorry I'm a bit of an addict -cAn you imagine what goes through my head day to day blush)

Aramynta Wed 31-Aug-16 20:12:22

J.F Gonzalez - but be careful.Some of his books are an average level of psychological horror/thriller BUT I recently read Survivor and would say to steer clear of it. The content is very, very brutal and I could only read so much (and i've read some very screwy shit).

Clawdy Wed 31-Aug-16 20:34:52

The Burning Air - Erin Kelly. Best twist ever.

bubblemcgubble Wed 31-Aug-16 21:13:04

bumpity funny - the two books I got from the library were in a dark dark wood and remember me this way by sabine durrant. Preferred the sabine durrant story.

Loved Book of You by Clare Kendal. A book about a woman who is stalked. A real page turner and couldn't put it down.

HalloweenQueen1 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:08:46

Wow loads of recommendations here thanks everyone - I've read before you go to sleep [bumpity] really like it, but will check out the other one. I've just been checking these recommendations out on Amazon and have ordered some Sabine Durrant and some Yrsa Sigur Thora (the first few books in that series, love a good series!)
I loved book of you too Bubble, that's been a favorite of mine. Will check out the rest too, loads to see me through the next few weeks there grin. Anymore suggestions more than welcome

Skiver123 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:09:56

The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen for sure

SilkScarf Sat 03-Sep-16 08:10:34

I liked The kind worth killing by Peter Swanson.

BestIsWest Sat 03-Sep-16 08:14:52

The Nicci Frech Frieda Klein series are good.

Desmondo2016 Sat 03-Sep-16 12:18:27

Psych crime thrillers are my thing! I've read thousands. ... best authors I like .

Nicci French
Lisa Gardner
Angela marsons
Karin Slaughter
Karen Rose
Damien Boyd
Helen Black
Claire Seeber
Tess Gerritson
Michael Connely
James Patterson

I'd better stop. Can you tell you got me on my favourite subject! Some of these authors are very cheap or on the KU lists x

SnowBodyforrrrm Sat 03-Sep-16 12:31:10

Into the darkest corner by Elizabeth Haynes. Gave me the chills. Excellent book!

orangebobble Sat 03-Sep-16 12:46:41

I'm a big Jo Nesbo fan and I also love Jussi Adler Olsen, a Danish author, who I find quite similar.

orangebobble Sat 03-Sep-16 12:47:59

Oops. I see he was already recommended up thread. So seconded then!

bumpetybumpbumpbump Sat 03-Sep-16 20:09:01

I think Into the darkest corner is on audible daily deal today at £1.99

Arcadia Sun 04-Sep-16 00:28:00

Unravelling oliver by Liz Nugent - a cracking good read

chubbylover78 Mon 05-Sep-16 16:04:38

Jeffery Deaver , the Lincoln rhyme collection. I first read the bone collector after watching the film but the book is loads better, gripping stuff I can't put his books down once I start.

kateandme Tue 06-Sep-16 05:51:35

mo hyder
Karin slaughter
mark bittman
nitta shrive
simon beckitt

kateandme Tue 06-Sep-16 05:52:08

a few sophie Hannah ones too.

imnotapotato Tue 06-Sep-16 06:59:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seefeld Tue 06-Sep-16 07:02:50

Into the Darkest Corner is brilliant! I'd also recommend Girl on a Train, Disclaimer and all of Sharon Bolton's and Paula Daly's novels.

PeaceOfWildThings Tue 06-Sep-16 07:08:53

Nicola Upson

Feenie Tue 06-Sep-16 07:17:13

Darkest Secret -.Alex Marwood

www.amazon.co.uk/Darkest-Secret-Alex-Marwood/dp/075155071X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473142586&sr=8-1&keywords=Darkest+secret

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now