How long is an ideal reading session for you?

(7 Posts)
louisagradgrind Sat 09-Jul-16 21:58:25

Had time to myself today, so spent 4 solid hours reading (Elly Griffiths' Dying Fall) didn't stop apart from making a cup of tea. Propped myself up on pillows with cat on one side and a tube of Pringles on the other!

I could do that every day if I was able to find time.

If you are guaranteed uninterrupted reading time, how long would you spend on one session? Do you ever feel guilty about it? I didn't at the time but now I'm thinking that I should have done some chores before I began!

Sleeperandthespindle Sat 09-Jul-16 22:23:40

I would love that if I ever had the opportunity (and a book that was good enough).

Two small DC and a teacher = very little guilt-free spare time!

JamieVardysParty Sun 10-Jul-16 15:51:48

I work P-T from home and study P-T, no kids and have a cleaner so end up having a lot of time to myself.

I make sure I have at least an hour a day before bed. At the moment, with no uni and it being winter, I can curl up for a good 4-5 hours on the sofa with the cats.

Taking on board your Pringles idea too!

louisagradgrind Sun 10-Jul-16 17:05:59

The tube will fit nicely in the crook of your arm!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 11-Jul-16 20:11:19

Nothing nicer than a warm day, with a slight breeze, a good book and some good snacks!

Or....a cold day, snuggled under a duvet and some good snacks!

And at least a couple of hours to really lose myself in a book. I do have a habit though of starting books and not stopping until they're finished.

PerspicaciaTick Tue 12-Jul-16 13:22:15

All day - so I get to the end of the book and feel a bit groggy and discombobulated on trying to return to reality.

cressetmama Mon 25-Jul-16 21:32:03

From waking until I feel guilty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now