Something is Going to Fall Like Rain

(7 Posts)
Celticlassie Wed 06-Jul-16 20:18:13

Anybody read the above (by Ros Wynne-Jones)? It's set in a village in South Congo, and is about a young aid worker and her experiences there. I just finished it and absolutely loved it, to the point where I'm struggling to find anything else to read that's not going to be a massive let down.

Footle Wed 06-Jul-16 20:24:14

I wonder if Poisonwood Bible would be an interesting follow-up. Sorry, I haven't read the other one though.

Celticlassie Wed 06-Jul-16 22:21:10

I've read (and loved) The Poisonwood Bible years ago, plus Purple Hibiscus, Half of a Yellow Sun, the Boy Next Door, and one or two others I think. Thanks though!

Footle Wed 06-Jul-16 22:40:05

Things Fall Apart ?

HappydaysArehere Mon 11-Jul-16 09:47:05

Thanks for that Celticlassie. It's going on my book list. I really enjoyed The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 11-Jul-16 20:07:42

Is she related to Diana Wynne-Jones? Loved her stuff as a kid.

Might have to look that one up, I've read the others you mentioned apart from the Poisonwood Bible which I didn't like at all! I only read a couple of chapters though.

BringMeTea Sat 16-Jul-16 23:06:58

I know Ros and she is working on her second novel which sounds great from the plot! She writes beautifully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now