need recommendations for my kindle

(15 Posts)
tralaaa Fri 27-May-16 06:00:18

I would like to load my kindle up as I read a lot on holiday, but can't seem to see anything good I've read Gone Girl ( rubbish ending), Girl on a train, brilliant, When God was a rabbit, brilliant. Rachel's holiday( read and re read) all of Jenny Eclair's book - any recommendations please

sofato5miles Fri 27-May-16 06:07:48

100 year old man who jumped out a window. The Rosie project ( hilarious). My brilliant friend series ( heavy but though provoking)

tralaaa Fri 27-May-16 06:11:25

Thank you I've read the Rosie project loved it will check out the man one

Howaboutthisone Fri 27-May-16 06:23:02

I like Diane chamberlain, liane moriarty and Kate Morton. You could get a few samples and see what you think.

Rainbowqueeen Fri 27-May-16 06:25:51

Emily Barr is also a good author

I recently read and really enjoyed The Martian ( the book the movie is based on) and A Man called Ove

ChippyMinton Fri 27-May-16 06:29:37

Anne Cleeve
Kate Atkinson
Daphne du Maurier

dalek Fri 27-May-16 13:43:41

If you've never read any Stephen King I would heartily recommend. Generally quite long so you get a lot of book for your money as well!

Another one is The light between oceans - I still think about that book and I read it about 3 years ago

saltysquid Fri 27-May-16 16:20:04

Behind closed doors-b a Paris
The nightingale - Kirsten Hannah
Anything by Lucinda Riley, Rachel Hore, Lucy Diamond, Lucy Dillon

Thankfulforeveryday Fri 27-May-16 18:00:26

Rachel Abbott has done 5 books they are all great but try to read them in order if you can!! I read all of them on my holiday!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 30-May-16 13:14:21

Try this by Veronica Henry. It's a Quick Read so nice and short (and only 99p) and makes for a lovely light holiday read.

Acopyofacopy Mon 30-May-16 13:20:58

I got sucked into Divergent against my will! Good holiday read, I had to read the second in the series straight after.

mumhum Mon 30-May-16 15:17:31

Anything by Wally Lamb

frenchfancy Mon 30-May-16 17:26:10

I second The Nightingale by Kirsten Hannah. I've just finished it - really good.

Anything by Lianne Moriarty or Dianne Chamberlain or Jojo Moyes

VanderlyleGeek Mon 30-May-16 18:52:47

Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple is wonderful, as is any Kate Atkinson.

KittyKat37 Thu 02-Jun-16 14:03:19

I am rattling through Expecting the Unexpected: One Man's Journey Through a Most Eventful Pregnancy by Ferrel E. Calpin on my kindle. Really moving but also very funny in places!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now