Which books are you awaiting with bated breath?

(68 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Thu 05-May-16 21:37:31

I'm happy that the new St Mary's book is out today. I love a good fantasy book, as reflected in my preorder list, which also has...

The Curse of Tenth Grave (A Charley Davidson novel, hence my username as I love these books) by Daryna Jones. An 11th book is also out in Jan.

And, much awaited, the new Kate Daniels book by Ilona Andrews, Magic Binds.

ImperialBlether Thu 05-May-16 21:38:43

My own! Due out on 3rd November!

Crumblevision Thu 05-May-16 21:41:12

Terry Hayes - The Year of The Locust. April 2017 😏

southeastdweller Thu 05-May-16 21:46:31

The third volume of diaries from Alan Bennett, published in October.

VanessaBet Thu 05-May-16 21:51:51

The Mirror and the Light - final book in Hilary Mantel's Cromwell trilogy - and The Winds of bloody Winter. Gah! C'mon George R R Martin.

Oh and another Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) Cormeran Strike book please.

FadedRed Thu 05-May-16 21:58:44

The next in Ben Aaronvich's 'Rivers of London' series.
'Winds of Winter' the 6th Game of Thrones series, but that could be another ten years or never.......
Just discovered the St Mary's series -so excited 'cos there are lots of them and I'm only just halfway through the first! Already hooked.

weebarra Thu 05-May-16 21:59:03

The new Ben Aaronovitch London book, if he ever bloody finishes it. I'm so glad I clicked on this thread though, as I live the st Mary's books!

weebarra Thu 05-May-16 21:59:28

X-post Faded!

CharleyDavidson Thu 05-May-16 22:06:41

Yes to the new Ben Aaronovitch. I am debating whether to spend the £8 on the Hanging Tree when it comes out on the 11th, but all his other books I have on the kindle so will wait I think. Says August for the kindle version. Boooo!

expatinscotland Thu 05-May-16 22:08:07

The last/10th book of Bernard Cornwell's Warrior Chronicles - he's finished it.
6th book of Song of Ice and Fire/GoT series, which will probably never appear.

MermaidofZennor Fri 06-May-16 06:00:53

Itching to get my hands on that Ben Aaronovitch novel. I'm sure I read somewhere originally it was due for publication November last year and then it got delayed to May this year. Is he struggling? I love those novels - so much fun.

Like Southeast - I'd like to read the third volume of Alan Bennett's diaries.

Can't think of anything else - need to bury myself in pile of unread books I bbc already have.

Propolis Fri 06-May-16 19:51:40

Yes the new Rivers of London was originally meant to come out last November, then they said June 2016, Now May and August 2016! Grrrr

LadyDeadpool Fri 06-May-16 20:31:05

Another one for Winds.

New Cormoran Strike book.

That's it really. Oh no wait Kelley Armstrong book series Cainsville. I binge read the entire series and now have the hump waiting for the next which is due in August.

GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 06-May-16 20:45:08

I owe a workmate an apology then, I told him right off for telling me the new Ben A was coming out last November when it wasn't till June. grin

The new Stephen King one feat. the Mercedes Killer. Actually I think that might be due soonish <goes off to check>

timeforheroes Fri 06-May-16 20:46:14

Winds of Winter for me.

GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 06-May-16 20:46:52

7 June! Only a month to go! <happy dance>

iklboo Fri 06-May-16 20:48:13

Imperial - tell us more about your book!

travellinghopefully12 Sun 08-May-16 20:23:55

Zadie Smith has a new novel out this year (September I think) which I am massively excited for - it's called Swing Time.

Also, The Mirror and The Light, although I do and don't want to read it (I don't want Cromwell to die.)

MissBattleaxe Sun 08-May-16 20:29:31

I'm looking forward to Imperial Blether's book too. I've pre ordered it.

SansaClegane Sun 08-May-16 20:33:53

TWoW. Sick of seeing all the rumours of a 2016 publishing date and then nothing happening sad

travellinghopefully12 Sun 08-May-16 20:49:47

Imperial, what's your book called? Please tell us.

BestIsWest Sun 08-May-16 20:51:46

I'm also looking forward to the third instalment of Alan Bennett's diaries.

MissBattleaxe Sun 08-May-16 22:21:47

I'm looking forward to Lisa Jewell's new book I Found You. I didn't like her last one, The Girls, but it's the only one of hers I haven't liked so I'm looking forward to the new one.

Helgathehairy Sun 08-May-16 22:48:58

charley the new st. Mary's book is brilliant - I laughed, I cried, I almost held my breath I was slightly freaking out.

I think I'm looking forward to the last Justin Cronin book - city of mirrors in June (although released on Kindle the end of May)

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Mon 09-May-16 16:59:44

I'm looking forward to the new Rivers book - really hoping it finishes better than the last though, I genuinely thought there was something wrong with the kindle version I downloaded, it just seemed to... stop... rather than end IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now