Recommend something to keep me awake please!

(5 Posts)
Feelingblue222 Sun 03-Apr-16 08:01:29

Currently BF a 7 week old for most of the night and need a very easy read book/series (no concentration at the moment - can't even get through the Peter Robinson I'm trying to read as it just feels like too much hard work/ too thorough descriptions) also needs to be exciting/fast moving enough to keep me awake preferably!

I tend to like crime thrillers/chick lit stuff, have just ordered a couple of Jd robbs but any other recommendations please? Can't stand Patterson!

StealthPolarBear Sun 03-Apr-16 08:06:12

Linwood barclay? Fairly easy reading but fast paced.
or even Agatha Christie?

EdithWeston Sun 03-Apr-16 08:56:08

The Amelia Peabody series but Elizabeth Peters.

Slightly over the top murders set in archaeological sites in Egypt in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, funny in places (not laugh out loud) with an absolutely indomitable main character.

Feelingblue222 Sun 03-Apr-16 10:26:25

Thanks both!

Had forgotten about linwood Barclay, think I've enjoyed his in the past so they can go on the list again. Never heard of the Amelia Peabody but will give them a go too, do like books to make you smile!

Thanks!

Quogwinkle Sun 03-Apr-16 17:32:08

The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich is light crime/thriller, undemanding and very entertaining. I love them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now