Naomi's Room

(12 Posts)
noeuf Fri 01-Apr-16 21:33:40

Eeek! Read it in three hours, really scary. Only one bit I didn't believe and one coincidence that could have been revealed earlier.

theforceisbroken Sun 03-Apr-16 16:40:33

I know, it petrified me -- had to stop reading one evening and continue by the safety of daylight. Thought it got a bit silly toward the end but otherwise very well done.

Cumberbum Sun 03-Apr-16 16:41:57

Read it when it was first published and it scared me silly.

bringbacksideburns Sun 03-Apr-16 16:43:58

Very scary!! Read it years ago. The bit with the photographs... I had to put it down and have a breather before resuming to the end. Not exactly an enjoyable read!

noeuf Sun 03-Apr-16 18:50:41

Towards the end it got a bit pervy and I couldn't really see why the author was going there. The rest of it was brilliant, really creepy.

theforceisbroken Wed 06-Apr-16 08:55:21

Sorry to go off on a slight tangent, but has anyone read his other books? Any in particular you can recommend for the next time I fancy tormenting myself?

SallyDonovan Wed 06-Apr-16 09:04:51

The first half was utterly terrifying - really, really creepy. The last bit descended into a bit of a silly gore fest though.

noeuf Wed 06-Apr-16 18:53:20

I agree Sally, it was almost racing to an end.

I don't get why they didn't call the police when they found the bundles.

I haven't read anything else, but tempted.

Cumberbum Wed 06-Apr-16 20:51:43

Read them all- very long time ago so can't be specific about which ones I preferred but I do remember I enjoyed all of them- none of them scared me like naomis room though. Those photos......

sportinguista Tue 12-Apr-16 10:32:05

Oooh! I have this on my wish list for Amazon. I love ghosty/horror stuff. Am I going to love it?

I like John Avijde Lindquist etc so not averse to a bit of gore...

noeuf Wed 13-Apr-16 19:57:33

You might love it up until the last few pages.

sportinguista Mon 18-Apr-16 14:51:50

Is it a bit disappointing ending? I might venture it if I see it cheap on kindle app as it might pass the time. Haven't read a really good horror for a while though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now