Does anyone want to chat about "the girl in the red coat"? (SPOILER ALERT!)

(7 Posts)
NoonarAgain Thu 14-Jan-16 19:27:37

specifically:
1. what happened to the other mercy?
2. how did they smuggle carmel to america (apart from simply drugging her)
3. why didn't the author make anything of the fact that the church- going friend had a lead on who the abductor was? seemed so ridiculous that in the end a random cctv image was responsible for her being found . a most unsatisfying ending!

thoughts?

whatwoulddexterdo Thu 14-Jan-16 21:19:22

Really disappointed with this book. Had high hopes but gave up half way through so don't have any answers for you sorry.
New year resolutions to ignore over hyped books.

Quogwinkle Fri 15-Jan-16 07:08:32

My New Year's Resolution should have been that too. Regretting falling for the hyped Disclaimer by Renee Knight.

Sorry OP for the slight hijack. Won't be reading The Girl in the Red Coat. But have you had a look on Goodreads to see if anyone there has answers to your questions? I think there may have been a brief discussion of this book on MN last year but you might have to scroll back quite a bit.

BestIsWest Fri 15-Jan-16 07:13:52

Terrible book full of ridiculous holes.

Suzietwo Fri 15-Jan-16 10:00:14

Oh thank god I can just give up on it can I? I thought it was shit

NoonarAgain Fri 15-Jan-16 10:31:25

Thanks all. i did enjoy it, tbh. i found it quite compelling and i was keen to find out the outcome. it's just that there were so many loose ends and an unsatisfying ending...grr

hooliodancer Sat 16-Jan-16 13:17:00

It was utter rubbish. I was so frustrated reading it, the style was really forced.

I seem to remember the other Mercy ran away though.

The other one in the same ilk I read and hated was The Lie. Again overhyped and total bollocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now