Penny Vincenzi

(10 Posts)
macnab Sat 22-Aug-15 09:49:33

I've never read any of her books before but have just devoured "No Angel" and am now half way through the sequel "Something dangerous". I always thought her books were a bit I the chicklit side, which I can't read, but have been pleasantly surprised!

What other Penny Vincenzi books would you recommend?

SavoyCabbage Sat 22-Aug-15 10:00:16

I like them too although I haven't read them for years now. I loved the one about the woman whose dh went to war and she took in some evacuees and the more recent one about the road accident.

SavoyCabbage Sat 22-Aug-15 10:06:02

'Forbidden places' and 'The Best of Times'.

macnab Sat 22-Aug-15 10:57:22

Thankyou, will put them on my kindle now smile

Bambambini Tue 25-Aug-15 21:12:30

I found this series by accident and absolutely loved them! A really lovely surprise.

Bunbaker Tue 25-Aug-15 21:16:45

I have read most of her books and enjoyed them immensely. However, my tastes have changed recently and I am a massive fan of crime fiction, especially Peter May and Jo Nesbo.

macnab Wed 26-Aug-15 19:16:36

A lovely surprise is a great way of describing them!

Bunbaker my tastes went in the opposite direction, I love Jo Nesbo and that's the sort of book I would usually read so it was unusual for me to start the Penny Vincenzi and even more unusual that I've enjoyed them so much. Still, I will need a good thriller to get stuck into for my next read!

Radiatorvalves Wed 26-Aug-15 19:24:53

I hate chick lit, but have thoroughly enjoyed all the Penny Vicenzis. I am more of a thriller type, but I think they're great.

So, to hijack slightly, if you like PV's books, what others are likely to go down well?

marchduck Wed 26-Aug-15 23:16:42

If you like PV, have a look at Sally Beauman. I liked Dark Angel, Destiny and Landscape of Love. Slightly darker than Penny Vincenzi, really enjoyable.

Bunbaker Wed 26-Aug-15 23:25:09

Oh, yes to Sally Beauman. I really enjoyed Michelle Paver's Daughters of Eden trilogy and am a massive Philippa Gregory fan. Oh, and Joanne Harris as well.

macnab if you like Jo Nesbo you will like Peter May. His Lewis trilogy is probably the best set of crime fiction books I have ever read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now