What was this book/books..

(5 Posts)
storminabuttercup Sat 30-May-15 11:11:49

When I first got an ereader I read a police type book it could have been a series I can't remember and I seem to remember I enjoyed it but can't remember much about it.
It started off with a woman who had a problem and had to call the police, she owned a Beauty Salon or a Gym, it was set in the US but not sure where and she ended up in a relationship with the detective guy, I think someone may have tried to kill her...
Reading that back there's not much to go on but it's been driving me crazy confused

Hygge Sun 31-May-15 12:11:30

It's not one of the Under the Aspens books by Elizabeth Sherry is it?

The woman owned a Deli in the book I read, she'd previously dated the detective and broken up with him without explaining. There was something to do with her brother and a photograph, and someone does try to kill her.

The woman was called Sher or Cher and lived in Colorado I think.

Canyouforgiveher Sun 31-May-15 15:37:36

I think it is Dying to Please by Linda Howard. if you google her you get a lot of books. She wrote a lot of romance, then a lot of thriller/romance. Her earlier stuff can be enjoyable, the later stuff is awful - I think someone else is writing them tbh.

storminabuttercup Sun 31-May-15 19:01:37

Thanks both

Canyou has It though. I can't remember if they were well written. Just that they stuck with me thank you grin

Hygge Sun 31-May-15 19:43:40

In that case OP, can I recommend the Under the Aspens series by Elizabeth Sherry? You might enjoy them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now