Stuff that's a bit like Robert Galbraith...

(9 Posts)
storminabuttercup Fri 29-May-15 14:28:38

I really enjoyed both books and I know there will be more but can't find when. Looking for similar reads, really like the characters and that they aren't too gruesome. Any advice?

TheCrowFromBelow Fri 29-May-15 16:10:41

have you tried Kate Atkinson's Jackson Brodie books?

storminabuttercup Fri 29-May-15 17:23:43

I haven't! Are they good? Off to google!

Rollermum Fri 29-May-15 17:25:08

Yes, definitely Jackson Brodie series. Love them.

You could try Philip Kerr's Bernie Gunther series.

Assuming you've read Raymond Chandler's stuff?

DuchessofMalfi Fri 29-May-15 18:24:38

You might like Susan Hill's Simon Serrailler series. I love them - always banging on about them on here grin But they are good. And there's plenty of them to keep you going.

The series starts with The Various Haunts of Men and I think they will appeal if you enjoyed the two Robert Galbraith novels.

Also, you might like The Murder Bag by Tony Parsons. I enjoyed that very much too - it's the first in a series he's writing. I think the second in the series is either out now or very soon. So another one to watch. It's very much in the same kind of genre as the RG novels.

storminabuttercup Sat 30-May-15 11:08:26

Thank you all for the suggestions. RG was my second try at a detective type book and really like them, will get the kindle fired up and look at these ones smile

claravine Sun 31-May-15 11:51:33

You might like Ann cleeves, the Shetland or Vera series

magimedi Sun 31-May-15 11:53:41

Another vote for the Simon Serrailler series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now