ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Need a good book

(7 Posts)
Debbie1962 Fri 26-Jul-13 09:48:26

Morning everyone, new to the site. Wanting a good read can anyone suggest something other than thrillers & crime that I usually read.

tripfiction Fri 26-Jul-13 09:58:54

Hi - hope you really enjoy connecting here. Some great people to chat to about books!

This is my link to the books I have enjoyed this Summer so far, don't know if that is any help:

tripfiction.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/Recommendations-for-holiday-and-vacation-reading.html

Richard and Judy also have some interesting reads (and Tigers in Red Weather pops up too!)

www.richardandjudy.co.uk/current-reads/Summer-2013/294

Have fun choosing something!

IsleOfIslay Fri 26-Jul-13 10:01:47

I've just finished a couple of Richard and Judys list. Not my normal type of book but I really enjoyed The light between the Oceans by M L Stedman

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Fri 26-Jul-13 10:27:18

Hi Debbie
Could you give us a bit more information? Do you think you'd like something modern, a classic or something else?

I'm sure you'll be inundated with suggestions soon smile

valiumredhead Sun 28-Jul-13 13:12:23

I've just read the girl on the landing by Paul Torday which I enjoyed.

BikeRunSki Sun 28-Jul-13 13:23:55

Try some Douglas Kennedy. Intriguing page turners, strong female leads, almost always set against a particular historical/ political background ( he had led me to find out more about McCarthyism, the Cold War, and Aboriginal land rights), but not heavy going. Can be a bit dark. Ignore the girly covers. Maybe start with 'A Special Relationship', 'State of the Union' or 'The Pursuit of Happiness'.

SarahAndFuck Sun 28-Jul-13 17:41:18

I'm reading Wool by Hugh Howey at the moment and it is very, very good.

I had dismissed it without even looking at it, because the title sounded boring and someone had stuck a sticker on it that said "The Next Hunger Games" so it didn't appeal.

I was wrong. It's fantastic. I'm very caught up in it, I need to know what happens next. I can't wait to read the next two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now