ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

What are your all time favourite autobiographies?

(127 Posts)
GetOrfMo1Land Wed 28-Sep-11 18:53:50

I want to find something new to read, I love autobiogs.

Mine (off the top of my head, after not too much thought)

Biography of Gayatri Devi (last Maharani of Jaipur) - a brilliant story about a rich Maharani and her life pre war.

Chance Witness by Matthew Parris - I would not normally say I would rate the autobiography of a Tory boy but this is brilliant, he is really engaging and has lived a fascinating life.

Hons and Rebels by Jessica Mitford - it's just so funny. Also, whislt not strictly an autobiog, The Letters of Decca Mitford is brilliant as well.

Ricky by Ricky Tomlinson - not normally my cup of tea, would not choose a sleb autobiography, but he is very honest about his ups and downs and being imprisoned as a political prisoner in the 70s.

DuchessofMalfi Sat 16-Mar-13 15:06:01

I got Elizabeth Jane Howard's autobiography recently, on my kindle hackmum. Can't wait to read it now. Sounds fascinating smile

Louise1956 Wed 05-Jun-13 07:09:26

An Autobiography by Agatha Christie is my favourite. A fascinating book, especially the part about her childhood and youth pre WW1, a fascinating picture of a vanished world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now