Would smart points work for me?

(4 Posts)
Babylove2015 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:28:51

I'm thinking about joining in the next couple of days.

1. I'm a vegetarian

2. As a type 2 diabetic, I find I need to watch my carb intake. So I would want to combine the plan with Atkins shakes and chocolate bars.

3. Are there smart point values for Atkins products?

4. In another thread someone said the new ww is slower for weightloss compared to old plan. Should I try the vintage points instead?

5. Are the ww products still loaded with sugar like they used to be?

Thank you

TryingtobePrepared Fri 23-Sep-16 19:27:12

Don't know much about smart points but the new no count is quite light on carbs especially refined carbs so brown rice and pasta so that might work better. You can work out the points of anything with the app or check the barcode or if someone else has worked it out before. Good luck

Bagina Fri 23-Sep-16 19:30:17

I reverted to MFP. It's free and you can set how many carbs you want and other nutritional values.

ICJump Sat 24-Sep-16 10:16:16

Smartpoints is quite focused on "real" food so I'm not sure how shakes will point. You might find you can do the carb counts without using the shakes.

I've have lots over 5 kilos in 4 weeks so it's not any slower that the last time I did it.
I have to say i'm finding smart points much more enjoyable than propoints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now