WW app/food databases

(4 Posts)
LucasNorthsTwiglets Thu 15-Sep-16 10:43:41

I'm considering joining WW again - have done it years ago in the days of Points (the one before ProPoints) when you had a little cardboard calculator so that you could work out the points in anything packaged.

What happens these days? You used to get given a book with the points value for a limited number of foods (but no packaged foods) - is that still the same? That's not enough for me - is there a way I can find out (or work out) the points value of ANY food? I saw that there is a WW app with a barcode scanner that could be what I need but can any type of member get access to this? One thing said it was online membership only but another thing said that meetings-only members could also get it.

Am very confused - help! smile

diamonte68 Thu 15-Sep-16 12:52:11

I am online only with WW and you get access to the database. Alot of foods are on there both packaged and fresh as well as some restaurants/cafe's/take aways etc. You can use the calculator (on the website or the phone app) to work out the points in anything as long as you have the nutritional info (cals, sat fat, sugar and protein). I use my fitness pal to get the nutritional value of anything that is not on the database and I don't have the nutri info for!

I don't know what you get with meetings, but I expect you are given access to the phone app and website just like an online member.

Good luck with it. I have enjoyed my WW journey so far, 2 1/2 stone gone since May and another 2 stone to go to my ultimate goal!

ittooshallpass Thu 06-Oct-16 23:01:06

I have a rubbish phone so can't download the app... haven't been given access to the website (as far as i can see) am really struggling to find out points values.

I miss my old (vintage) carboard points calculator! Is there anything similar these days?

Murphysgirl Fri 07-Oct-16 18:33:36

Ittoo - if you go onto the WW website and log in using the username and password you set up when you registered then you will have access to eSource which has everything you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now