If you like Smart Points, can you tell me why?

(6 Posts)
ThymeLord Tue 06-Sep-16 14:13:23

Have dithered and faffed about for months and months now and decided that I was going to rejoin WW, today!

I've been researching and reading up about peoples experiences and I must admit i'm really nervous now that i'm not going to get on with smart points. If you like it, can you tell me what you like about it?

I don't have a very sweet tooth, i'm more into savoury food. I want to be able to have a drink at the weekend but drink gin and slimline usually so hopefully they are still low in points. <prays> I'd love to hear how people are getting on with it? Thanks :-)

LeonardInTheArgosBag Wed 07-Sep-16 15:52:23

I think (from memory) a "pub measure of gin" is 2sp. Not sure about the slimline? Daily allowance is 30sp.

Anyway, I am liking smartpoints BUT I only joined a few months ago so I know nothing else. I'm losing weight for the first time in years! And motivated to exercise so I can earn fit points or whatever they're called.

From what I've heard the smartpoints is a bit stricter, mostly on sweet stuff and carbs. So you should be ok?

If you want you can message me a few of your favourite foods and I can look up the sp value for you.

MaximumVolume Wed 07-Sep-16 15:57:28

Someone mentioned an app that you can get that has the old ProPoints in on another thread...can't quite remember but it was something like Weightloss Budget and is £2.99 one-off.

I'm 10 days into (re)joining WW after child 2. Lost 15kg between kids using WW on ProPoints - never got to target but that was more down to stopping counting once I was nearly there. I'd like to lose a total of 20kg this time. My 7 day weigh-in loss was 2.1kg although I don't expect to sustain that rate of loss each week.

ThymeLord Wed 07-Sep-16 15:57:34

Hi Leonard thanks for replying to me smile

I am in the process of deciding whether to go it alone with Pro Points instead. Just doing so much reading and trying to find info. Must admit that the monthly cost is a factor for me too so if I can find a way to do PP and get the info packs then I might go that way instead!

MaximumVolume Wed 07-Sep-16 16:00:25

Schweppes Slimline tonic is 0 points. A can of pre-mixed Gordon's Gin and Slimline tonic is 4 points. I have 30 points per day + 6 for partial breastfeeding, so 4 (or even 8 wink ) of those in a day every now and again wouldn't put you off the rails!

ICJump Thu 08-Sep-16 02:57:45

I'm really enjoying SmartPoints. It's helping remind me to eat well. I also like that it's a range each day. So the other day I got to the end of the day and had two points left. Previously I would have felt I needed to use them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now