Cooking from scratch with WW

(3 Posts)
Carrie482 Fri 26-Aug-16 11:17:43

Hi.ive switched over from SW and I'm now following weightwatchers with the help of a WW calculator and also the value diary app.

I have 1 stone to go and couldn't stick with SW any longer. LOVING WW , however I cook a lot from scratch and was hoping someone could help me understand how I calculate value of items such as pasta with normal kitchen weighing scale. For example if I cook 350grams of pasta and then eat 1/5th of a portion. I was hoping not to buy the WW kitchen scales but I'm finding calculating recipies confusing as i make a batch for the whole family to eat and not just an individual portion.

If anyone can guide me or forward me a link I would be greatful. I can't seem to find it online. Thanks in advance!!

barefootbird Fri 26-Aug-16 16:47:48

I either do a WW recipe and then just divide the points per portion or use the cooking WW scales (what you were trying to avoid doing...). I was determined not to get suckered into buying to many WW products as I'm sure that's where they make most of their money but the scales have proved really useful, I'm not sure how I would do it otherwise.

Carrie482 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:26:33

Thanks for the reply. I got the WW scale and it's fab!! I keep putting random food items on to see the points. It will definitely be beneficial when cooking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now