I hate smart points :-(

(12 Posts)
almamatters Tue 09-Aug-16 19:32:49

I've just started WW again yesterday, I've done it on and off for years but I absolutely hate the news points system sad I'm absolutely starving and have a massive rage on. I just wanted to moan about it really

Borogoves Tue 09-Aug-16 21:33:13

No need to be starving, you just need to be clever about how you use your points. Half of foods haven't changed in value. Are you struggling because you have a sweet tooth? If you're careful with your points you should be able to get breakfast, lunch and dinner for under 20 points leaving you with plenty of points for extras. Remember to eat plenty of fruit and veg and drink water. Have you tried giving no count a go? You definitely won't feel hungry on that.

sunniest Tue 09-Aug-16 21:40:47

I hated them too, using up half my points on a 150cal yoghurt was just crazy. Have moved over to traditional calorie counting using My Fitness Pal and Fitbit and finding it all much more flexible and the website is heaps better too. And free. Just need to try not to spend all the money I save on smarties and cocktails!

almamatters Tue 09-Aug-16 22:05:04

I don't actually like any healthy food (one of those annoying fussy eaters) which is why I do WW instead of slimming world because at least nothing is restricted but I just have to be clever with it, I normally snack on penguins and shit throughout the day so I do need to sort it out for my health but now things like WW wafer bars and stuff are. 4 points instead of 2 it's doing my head in, first world problems I guess blush

Fortybingowings Thu 11-Aug-16 21:32:39

Go back to pro points (old system) and come and join us on the Facebook groups
I too HATE smart points

afferal Thu 25-Aug-16 15:40:48

Good back to pro points..it's so much better. Download the Value Diary app £2.99 one of fee can work out how many points you are allowed, how many pp are in foods etc.. and like above poster said join all the Facebook PP groups.
I've lost 2 stone (still a few to go) the fb groups have been amazing I definitely couldn't do this without them, so many ideas and friendly ppl on them.

rockingthelook Sat 03-Sep-16 22:00:05

I've lost nearly 5 stone over the last 12 months at WW, the bulk (literally)on the PP system, I tried the smart points and hated it, I decided that if I want to keep at goal for the rest of my life I wanted to be able to have my sweet treats, flexibility etc so went back to PP (didn't tell my group leader) I am still at goal and really happy, I enjoyed losing the weight and now feeling healthy. Sometimes you have to stick with what works for you, makes you happy, and ultimately to be able to stick to, losing the weight has to be for ever, not putting your body and mind through the turmoil of yo yo dieting

Carol1963 Wed 18-Jan-17 14:13:24

I've gone back to pp today,wasn't losing with the sp system and the pp worked for me in the past 😀

KateSpade Wed 18-Jan-17 19:03:53

I've just started & I hate the smart points, it'd cost me a fortune eating enough fruit to keep me going for breakfast everyday!!

Carol1963 Wed 18-Jan-17 20:09:32

I just don't like it,I've got the pp calculator,so I'm using that ,worked for me previously smile

stressbucket1 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:24:12

I find smart points difficult. I have a sweet tooth and the points have gone up a lot on my usual treats. I've lost 3lb in the past 2 weeks though and that's not being that strict so will stick with it

Carol1963 Wed 18-Jan-17 22:52:22

Well done you,I haven't got a sweet tooth and have really stuck to the 30 points but haven't lost anything,so I'm doing propoints from today ,not saying anything in my meeting though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now