Weight loss motivation

(7 Posts)
victoriatoas Sun 31-Jul-16 16:37:03

How do you stay motivated whilst losing weight?

KP86 Sun 31-Jul-16 16:41:04

Watching those scales go down, down, down has always worked for me.

Looking at my favourite smaller clothes and imagining them fitting again.

The new found energy, being a bit bouncier. This one is awesome because you want to move around more, you do. Which in turn helps you to keep losing weight. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

singleandfabulous Sun 31-Jul-16 16:45:13

Working out in front of a full length mirror works for me. Trying bikinis on. Look at your BMI. Women tend to look best at the lower end - 20-22. Look at Pinterest/google for women your height with this BMI. I think motivation is quite personal though.

Borogoves Mon 01-Aug-16 10:29:55

Staying to my meeting was the biggest motivator for me. Also set yourself lots of mini goals. I had 4 stone to lose. By the time I'd broken my weight down into celebrating every 5lb loss, every silver seven, my 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% etc I only had to focus on losing another 2-5lbs before I hit a goal I could celebrate. Also visualise what being at goal will feel like for you. Have you got a favourite item item of clothing that you used to be able to fit into? Focusing on getting back into that could help.

victoriatoas Mon 01-Aug-16 11:08:10

Thanks! These are great ideas! I am going to do them all. smile x

lifeofdino Tue 02-Aug-16 08:33:14

I was very motivated by the numbers going down each week.

Also big motivators were always having the next size down in a pair of jeans to sim into, I only had to buy a few new and got the rest from e-bay or charity shops. Once the current pair were too big they went to the charity shop along with anything else that was too big...I no longer have 'just in case I put the weight back on clothes'.

Keeping feeling worth it was also important, as soon as I got/get scruffy I stop making an effort with what I eat (I am working on losing some very last lbs) so then I find new underwear, makeup, hair and a wardrobe sort out help.

KP86 Tue 02-Aug-16 12:41:49

I went to the gym this morning, and even though I haven't been making a concerted effort to do 'proper' exercise, just losing weight has meant I'm automatically more active and today I was doing more than I could last time I was there (a few months ago, eek!) and I worked out for longer as well.

Huge motivation, and I'm already planning my next visit.

I'm so competitive, seeing myself improve like this spurs me on big time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now