Going back to pro points?!

(4 Posts)
PurpleRainDiamondsandPearls Tue 31-May-16 16:31:34

I hate the new WW and got on well with the PP system. However, I've been unwell and inactive for nearly a year, so stagnated in my weight loss. Are there any apps that let you use the old points system? It was so much better than this faddy nonsense. I liked PP because it was simply based on calories, I could just calorie count but I do like points because it's simple.

Thanks in advance.

TellMeDani Wed 01-Jun-16 18:43:10

I liked PP, I dutifully changed to SP at Christmas and lost nothing for 6 months. I've gone back to PP and lost 6lb, I am on my very last stone so this part was always going to be tough. There are a couple of good facebook groups (weight watcher pro points plan and Love pro points), I use some of the old pp kitchen scales and there is this calculator. I keep meaning to buy one of the old pp calculators from ebay. One of the FB groups mentions a food diary app that is based on PP, it's ok, but I have seen a few post to suggest that it may not be massively accurate.

Borogoves Thu 02-Jun-16 20:45:12

What do you find "faddy" about Smartpoints OP? Calorie content wasn't used at all to calculate the ProPoints value of something. However calories ARE used to work out the SmartPoint value of something so you should get on better with it. In terms of calculating points SmartPoints isn't anymore complicated than Propoints. It's just that the points values of roughly half of all foods have changed.

afferal Mon 20-Jun-16 21:16:16

ultimate value diary app one off fee of 2.99 has been a godsend to me as have some of the Propoints groups on FB. I've never tried SP but have done PP in the past and have been on it again for 11 weeks now and 20lbs lighter..the fb groups are amazing for tips,recipes, advice and general chit chat x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now