Anyone else struggling to get their money back from Weight Watchers?

(8 Posts)
Cindefuckingrella Wed 25-May-16 23:58:52

I signed up for 3 months in January on a 'lose 10lbs in 8 weeks and we'll refund 2 months' deal. I lost 10lbs by mid Feb and sent my form off and had confirmation that I was eligible for a refund. I have then been fobbed off by their customer services ever since, and despite my numerous calls and emails, even to their UK head office after refusing the go though their overseas call centre any more, they HAVE NOT REFUNDED ME OVER 3 MONTHS LATER!
I decided after waiting another 10 working days for a cheque that failed to arrive to contact my credit card company to get my money back via a disputed transaction chargeback, which my card company thankfully has done today. Luckily I had some recent correspondence from WW as if I didn't have anything in writing the credit card company would have been unable to help as 120 days had passed since the transaction. The lady at the credit card company sounded like I wasn't the first.
Anyone else had this kind of problem or have I just been very unlucky?

Cindefuckingrella Thu 26-May-16 17:47:29

Anyone?

bettybyebye Thu 26-May-16 19:16:09

I joined during the same offer but instead of the money back I opted to add the 8 weeks on to my monthly pass and they sorted that very quickly

Cindefuckingrella Fri 27-May-16 00:16:40

I did wonder whether those choosing to have two extra months subscription would have had a different experience - and it seems so. But of course they want to keep those members signed up, going to meetings, buying WW products at the meetings and in the shops etc as long as possible.
But the offer was for either option and they need to honour that and deal with them the same way.

Borogoves Fri 27-May-16 07:20:32

My DH signed up for this offer. He scanned his card and emailed it to them. He got his money back within a week. Have you asked your leader for help?

Cindefuckingrella Fri 27-May-16 08:30:42

I did tell her I was having issues at the time but I left in April after my 3 months and at the time I still had faith WW would sort it out. To be honest when I said I was not staying after 3 months she seemed to lose interest - not updating my milestones, setting new goals even though I still was a paying member. It kind of reaffirmed my decision to leave really.

NeverInDoubt Fri 27-May-16 08:31:46

Out of interest, have you kept the weight off?

Cindefuckingrella Fri 27-May-16 11:23:07

Neverindoubt, yes I have and am continuing to lose as I still have about a stone or so to go. I used WW to kickstart my weight loss and for me when I start losing it motivates me to carry on. I just weigh myself instead of paying for someone to weigh me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now