Just joined today

(22 Posts)
2016Bambino Tue 29-Mar-16 22:52:49

Hi all, I've just rejoined WW today. I last was a member about 8 years ago and got to goal. Now after having 2 kids I am 50lbs heavier than my previous goal weight and would like to get back there.
I am totally confused by the new plan as I previously lost on the old calories and saturated fat points and don't understand why they don't give you a points calculator anymore. I don't see how I can work out the points in anything.
Is it essential to use the app to work out points?
Thanks smile

mrsrhodgilbert Wed 30-Mar-16 13:03:54

I have a similar issue. I did WW about 10 years ago when it was a simple points system. When they changed the system it became more complicated and I dropped it. I'm now looking to join again but can't find much info about how it now works without signing up. I need it to be simple.

Finola1step Wed 06-Apr-16 19:16:28

Ah, I have found my people!

Will be restarting on Saturday (currently on holiday). Lost 2 stone after having ds in 2008 using WW and ProPoints. Maintained really well until I had dd. Didn't do enough to shift and will happily pick all day. The weight has crept up. Want to lose 3 stone.

Have finally accepted that "cutting back a bit" will not cut it. I lose a few pounds, maybe half a stone and start snacking again. I had an experience today that has really bothered me. I bent down to tie my shoe laces and I felt really uncomfortable. All squished and just big. No more.

Am strangely looking forward to starting WW again. The first couple of weeks will be tough but then I hope it will get easier. Will be keen to read what you think about these new points...

BeatrixBurgund Thu 07-Apr-16 21:39:12

Me too! Was just looking for a thread.

Lost 20kg just after DS was born 11 years ago and have slowly put it all back on. I'm doing online, so could do with a supportive group to kick me up the bum occasionally.

MercuryRising Fri 08-Apr-16 00:01:10

Hello lovely people. I will be rejoining on Tuesday after having dc3 6 weeks ago. I was doing ww when I fell pregnant and had lost just over a stone. I now have about 3 stone to lose. I have no experience of te new smart points so will be interested to see how different the new plan is.

Thingsthatmakeugoummmm Fri 08-Apr-16 19:39:43

Hi all,

I am also looking to join up today as pounds creeping on. I'm struggling to understand the system though. It's more complicated than when I did it 10 years ago!

MamOfTwo Sat 09-Apr-16 17:48:53

Oh dear, I was also going to rejoin. I lost 2 stone in the past when all you had to do was count points. In a nutshell, can anyone tell me what the new-fangled smartpoints system is?! Wondering if SW might be better although they have probably dispensed with their red/green/extra easy days too. Help!

MercuryRising Mon 11-Apr-16 02:05:03

So I have found a meeting on Tuesday morning. I'm actually quite looking forward to getting started.Mamoftwo from what I understand the new smartpoints are similar to propoints except sugar now has a higjer points value and protein a lower points value to encourage heathier food choices. I will report back on Tuesday when I have a proper understanding of the new system.

Has anybody else actually started yet?

Thingsthatmakeugoummmm Mon 11-Apr-16 05:55:39

I started online yesterday. I love the new scanner that helps you to scan your foods and track your choices. Good luck everyone that is starting 😀

gamerwidow Mon 11-Apr-16 06:27:02

smart points is very similar to pro points but foods high in added sugar have a much higher points value then they used to have.
I think you would struggle to follow the plan without using the app or online food diary. The app is especially handy because you can scan the barcodes of food to find the points value.
I've lost 1.5 st on the last 3 months following the plan ( I could have lost more but I've been a bit rubbish in the last month).
It does work but you have to remember to track everything.

LagunaBubbles Mon 11-Apr-16 10:42:41

Ive just (re) joined on-line today but I will need to wait till I get home from work to look at the new system, is it the WW app that gives you points values now, I used to like my calculator!

MercuryRising Wed 13-Apr-16 05:46:28

I joined today. I got my smart points total on the app Laguna. It definitely looks like it will be a healthier way of eating as sweet things are now so many more points - I could not believe a freddp is now 5sp - a curly wurly was only 3 pp!

Bringiton2016 Wed 13-Apr-16 06:29:48

I'm not going to be negative, if you can get smart points to work for you then go for it! I had lost a stone are WW prior to the new smart points. I found the new system very difficult to live by. It's very hard to have a sweet treat, there just aren't enough points to live realistically. The new diet hasn't gone down well globally.

Yes you do need the app on your phone to do it. The app is good.

Thanks to mumsnet I found out about an app called Ultimate Food Value Diary. It's about a pound and operates under the old system of propoint values. It's a great app and obviously a lot cheaper than WW. You can also measure your body and create charts, you can't do this on new WW. It's saved me over £20 per month.

As I say, good luck, the smart points obviously work but are very strict.

afferal Wed 13-Apr-16 12:58:56

Huge Thank you Bringiton2016 smile have been looking for something exactly like this. On my 4th week back on Propoints and was struggling to find info,trackers ect... this looks ideal. For anyone interested it's currently £2.99 on play

gamerwidow Thu 14-Apr-16 07:15:34

Bringiton2016 that is brilliant I've just downloaded the app too! I've been doing smart points for 3 months and lost 1.5 stone but it is so strict that it's hard to stick to and I've been really demotivated for the past month. Can't wait to get back to pp and it'll save me a fortune smile

Bringiton2016 Thu 14-Apr-16 08:48:59

It's great isn't it! I had points actually left over this week!! It's good not to have the guilt of the expense too. Obviously there's no meeting support but I wasn't that impressed with my WW leader anyway. I weigh in once a week at home and record on the app.

The barcode scanner catalogue is far superior to WW too, much more extensive. As good as MFP. Good luck everyone!

angemorange Thu 14-Apr-16 08:57:07

I re-joined yesterday, lost about 2 stones last year on Filling & Healthy/Pro Points and have put a stone back on after long period of family illness (--combined with unfettered scoffing--).

New Smart Points system looks v confusing so I think I will be following 'No Count' and using old Pro Points version.

It's my birthday weekend so I'm just hoping to get bit more exercise and not go buck daft on the treats. Probably insane timing but just felt I needed to get in the zone! Good luck everyone!

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Apr-16 18:58:01

I've joined today too. Not really looking forward to it but excited for change. It's the first time I've done anything like it!

Smilelikeyoufeelit Fri 29-Apr-16 06:07:07

I joined online last night. I'm looking forward to it, in a strange way, as my eating has gone out of control in the last few months. Good luck everyone.

problembottom Sat 30-Apr-16 14:52:06

I've been doing it for two weeks and have lost 9.5lbs, 8 in my first week. I've not been eating any weeklies so far but tomorrow I have a long-planned afternoon tea in London so I think that will use them all up. Interesting to see if I lose this week. I want to lose another 19lbs.

If you have the WW app the #connect bit where everyone posts pictures is good for recipes and ideas. It's introduced me to Heck chicken sausages with tomato and mozzarella, they are absolutely delicious and 1sp for two. Everyone is obsessed with stand'n'stuff quiches too but I didn't like them as much when I made them.

annielostit Tue 03-May-16 16:20:24

Great app bring using it along with 5:2.smile

rollonthesummer Tue 03-May-16 16:27:42

Why have they changed it?!

I did WW 12 ish years ago and lost 1.5 stone. It was easy-I knew what everything was in points and I knew I was allowed 18 points a day. I was going to rejoin but this thread is putting me off!

How does it work now??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now