Do WW still set your final target weight as BMI under 25?

(6 Posts)
MrsJorahMormont Sun 24-Jan-16 19:43:13

I would like to try WW again - had some success a few years back with it, then gave up and piled weight back on. One thing I didn't like was that they wanted your final weight to be BMI 25 or under, whereas I would like to get to about BMI 27. Slimming World let you set your own goal weight but I was too greedy with the pasta etc!

So the question is, if I wanted to set my final goal weight at roughly 12 stone, rather than 11 stone, can I do that? Or would I never qualify as a free member then?

TIA.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 24-Jan-16 19:47:47

I am doing WW on line, able to set my own goal weight which is definitely not BMI 25 but something I can realistically achieve

MrsJorahMormont Sun 24-Jan-16 20:06:13

Thanks Dorset, I want to go to a class I think.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 24-Jan-16 20:11:00

Also pretty sure when I did classes that they never asked a goal weight

MrsJorahMormont Sun 24-Jan-16 20:12:42

It's so you can get a 'gold' membership or whatever it's called now - where you stop paying for classes if you reach and maintain a target weight. They used to make you set a final target weight that was BMI 25 or under but it's just not realistic for me.

29PaddingtonSt Mon 25-Jan-16 00:14:14

You can set your own goal weight but will only get the benefits of gold membership if that falls within a healthy BMI range. If you feel that reaching a goal weight within a BMI of 18 to 25 is unachievable for you then you can ask your doctor to set a goal weight and WW will then accept this and you will get full gold membership if you achieve it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now