Anyone else struggling with smart Points?

(10 Posts)
Ginny365 Sat 09-Jan-16 08:04:29

I seem to be sooooo hungry. My daily allowance has only increased by 4 points but everything seems to have increased vastly in points. Coupled with that I can't use the points I earn from being active (which makes me think, why bother!) and my weekly allowance has dropped by 20 points. I just can't see how to keep going! Also, I have a very sweet tooth and loved that I could lose weight and still have a little bit (freddo etc) of chocolate each day, now that seems impossible too.
<cries a lot>

notasillysausage Sat 09-Jan-16 09:21:41

I struggled with them too & found it too time consuming having to learn a whole new points system when I am busy anyway. I am using propoints instead, it has worked for me in the past so it should still work now smile

Ginny365 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:27:57

Sausage - I don't know how to carry on with smart points as I use the app and don't know how to calulate my points otherwise. I'd love to revert back to pro points sad

hilbil21 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:41:10

I'm carrying on with propoints and if there's anything I don't know the points of its 40 cals = 1 point X

Schrodingersmum Sat 09-Jan-16 17:56:05

Ginny, many moons ago when they changed the plan in the 90's our leaders gave us the choice to switch or stay on the old plan and thats your choice

I am an at home member and my app forced me over on day one, it was hard at first and I have had to change what I was eating to fit the new plan but it has got easier over the weeks

If its not for you, you can still buy pro points calculators and books on ebay and carry on with what you feel happy doing

Ginny365 Tue 12-Jan-16 18:37:51

Thanks! I'll give it another couple of weeks and if it is driving me too mad I'll get onto eBay smile

notasillysausage Tue 12-Jan-16 19:00:44

If you have an iPhone you can download an unofficial propoints calculator, or like Schrodingers said, get on eBay and buy a calculator and journal, if you cancel your membership with the smart points it will prob be cheaper. It just depends on how much you rely on paying for membership as your driver to lose weight.

29PaddingtonSt Thu 14-Jan-16 01:28:40

Only just over half the foods have gone up in value. Many have stayed the same and others have gone down. You can still have your chocolate but you maybe need to look at where you could make some smart swaps to lower the sp value of your meals etc. Why don't you ask your leader if you can have a discussion one week about how to reduce Smartpoints in meals. I'm sure your group will have lots of ideas.

FaithAscending Fri 22-Jan-16 22:46:56

You can use your fitpoints towards your food allowance (I run which is great for toning but it makes me hungry!). You have to change it on the main website and you have the choice to a. Not use the fitpoints (what it suggests), b. Use the points before the weekly allowance or c. After the weekly allowance. Go to the website and settings, it looks like this.

I know what you mean with smart points but I eat way too much sugar so I like the sugary stuff has gone up because it makes me think twice.

FaithAscending Fri 22-Jan-16 22:47:18

Here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now