Started weight watchers this week - sooooooooo hungry

(23 Posts)
TeaIsMyDrugOfChoice Thu 02-Jul-15 21:49:23

Any tips? I think I'm drinking enough. I'm using all my daily points but have been saving my weekly points for a big meal out at the weekend. Any ideas? I'm not going to be able to stick with this if I'm going to feel this hungry all the time! sad angry

Fudgeface123 Fri 03-Jul-15 11:14:49

You shouldn't ever be hungry on WW. Can you post a typical day's menu with points and I'll take a look?

TeaIsMyDrugOfChoice Fri 03-Jul-15 20:18:26

Breakfast: love life cereal with red berries and skimmed milk (5)
Lunch: cous cous with vegetables and wafer thin chicken slices (4)
Couple of spoonfuls of frozen yoghurt (2)
Dinner: chilli and rice (9)
Freddo frog (chocolate fix!) (3)
Have 3 points left

That is today's points and I have been less hungry than yesterday but now (post dinner - haven't had freddo yet) my stomach is still rumbling!

MistressChalk Fri 03-Jul-15 20:24:04

It will take a week or two for your stomach to shrink if you're used to large portions. Gaviscon may become your best friend as well for now and then! Try sparkling water as the bubbles fill you up and also plain celery or low cal veg helps fill you up (or make you want to stop eating because you're sick of it). Stick it out though! Soon you'll get so used to smaller portions you will be amazed at what you managed to eat! Speaking as someone who used to be able to polish off a 10 slice pizza and now can manage 3-4 slices at a push ☺️ good luck with it though!

TeaIsMyDrugOfChoice Fri 03-Jul-15 21:28:09

Thanks mistresschalk! I'm sure you are right about the stomach thing! Have you lost much on it?

MistressChalk Sat 04-Jul-15 09:24:04

I didn't start on weight watchers but because they have such an excellent range of food I've found myself naturally drawn to basically eating ww stuff and lots of fresh veg/salads. I went from a daily calorie intake of around 2,400-2,700 to 1,400. Since January I've lost three stone but gained an awful lot of strength and fitness as well. But in all honesty the change in attitude towards food is the thing you will be most proud of! Once it's clicked how to eat healthily and which foods give the most bang for buck you really are halfway there. You just have to be vigilant about slip ups and be patient! But you CAN do it and you CAN enjoy it!

TeaIsMyDrugOfChoice Sun 05-Jul-15 08:19:50

Three stone is fantastic!! Well done! flowers flowers flowers I've lost chunks of weight before and I know how tough it is. I also know how I should eat but things slip over time, my main problem is my monstrously sweet tooth. There's never a time when if I'm hungry I'll think mmmmm I'll have an apple, it's always mmmmmm I'll have a chocolate digestive blush

Of course on ww it isn't worth it because apples are free and choc digestives are a zillion points but I've never managed to get rid of that feeling even if I am sensible and choose the apple! grin

tobysmum77 Sun 05-Jul-15 08:30:59

Have a banana after your lunch instead of frozen yoghurt. For breakfast have fruit and 0% Greek yoghurt. Cut the freddo bar out. You have enough points for another chilli and rice with the 3 left over. I also never pointed the milk in tea, so I could have a cuppa whenever which helped wink

You cannot waste points.

Alternatively do h&f but I think points are good to start with as you have to change the things that you eat to survive.

fhdl34 Sun 05-Jul-15 08:31:34

I was hungry to start with, first week or two, now I am on fewer points and don't always use them all, your stomach does seem to shrink

PlayingHouse Sun 05-Jul-15 08:38:33

Do slimming world instead. I am never hungry.

Yesterday I ate;

Breakfast; Egg fried in frylight, Lean bacon, tinned toms and mushrooms.

Lunch;
An Aldi mango and chicken salad. An apple and some strawberries.

Dinner;
A homemade bacon cheeseburger in a wholemeal bun with sweet potato wedges and salad.
Another apple.

Snacks; A pack of Hula hoop pufts and an aldi mini bubbles chocolate bar.

I've lost 1st 3.5lb in 4 weeks.

fruitpastille Sun 05-Jul-15 08:46:15

I think filling and healthy is v similar to slimming world.

I would add more fruit and veg - have a banana mid morning, make some zero point soup to have as a starter. Or have less points for breakfast by having fruit then.

I do exercise to gain more points but you have to be careful not to exaggerate how much you did!

TeaIsMyDrugOfChoice Sun 05-Jul-15 15:02:55

I'm not giving up my freddo! I'm feeling a little deprived at the moment, having something lovely like a freddo at the end of the day is something to look forward to! If I'm not allowed any sweet treats this diet won't last - and I really need it to for health reasons.

I think the fruit and veg snacks are a good plan (if only I liked them more sad) - I have been wondering about having a smaller breakfast too. Unfortunately I don't like yoghurt which cuts out a lot of options. Thanks for the suggestions all flowers

MistressChalk Sun 05-Jul-15 16:12:29

You don't need to give up the freddosmile in fact depriving yourself of all the good stuff makes it far more likely for you to crack. Food should be enjoyable, there's a world of healthy meals and snacks out there that taste incredible but we get used to a choc digestive being the ultimate but when you start trying absolutely everything you will find a substitute.

fhdl34 Sun 05-Jul-15 16:49:03

How about porridge for breakfast? That works well for me

MistressChalk Sun 05-Jul-15 23:34:56

I'm not sure on the points for weight watchers so forgive me if this is a silly idea but I eat 2 slices of the weight watchers Danish (either Danish or wholemeal) bread with marmite for breakfast every day and it's divine (if you like marmite!). The WW bread is tiny and very thin but when toasted it just tastes lovely to me, and its 120 calories for 2 slices with an 18g portion of marmite. Sub the marmite for lurpak or something in a small amount and you could easily be eating a quick, tasty breakfast that's under 150 calories and the 2 slices of bread make you feel like you've eaten a good portion.

MistressChalk Sun 05-Jul-15 23:38:41

Oops 8g serving of marmite!! 18g would be a bit much grin

vickibee Mon 06-Jul-15 13:24:18

I am doing WW and always have grapefruit for breakfast as it is zero and I like to save my points for later in the day. Always have plenty of fruit og veg prepared to dip into if needed than the sugary snacks won't tempt you. I have carrot sticks anf a full fruit bowl all the time otherwise I eat my son's curly wurlys!!!

Fudgeface123 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:04:12

Starvation rations some of these. My day today

B: 2 Weetabix, banana, skimmed milk, skinny latte 8pp

L: Half tub of reduced fat pâté, 4 Ryvita, salad, yogurt and fruit salad 11pp

D: Garlic & herb chicken breast, jacket potato with butter, roasted vegetables, yogurt and berries 14pp

That's my 30 dailies and 3 weeklies

Fudgeface123 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:06:48

Oh and I've lost 11 lbs in the last 3 weeks

Kagsey Tue 07-Jul-15 11:06:20

I started my diet a week ago and was drawn towards the ww pro points although at first I was going to do a calorie counting one. I done ww years ago and lost 4 stone. I got on the scales last week and I was 15 stone 7lb so I thought right lets do this I wrote everything down I ate and when I got weighed yesterday at the same time I was 14 stone 8 and 3/4 omg I was delighted. I know the first week or second week can show good results if your good and have alot to lose like myself my main downfall is eating raisins and chocolate so I cut the choc out and just had about 10 raisins to fuel my cravings lol. xx

Tulipsinmyvase Sun 30-Aug-15 07:40:07

Change to filling & healthy & you won't be hungry.
I can honestly say when I'm following f&h I don't crave chocolate/snacks.

Looking at your day on pro points I would add more fruit and veg.
A few satsumas after breakfast, big leafy salad alongside lunch & a banana late afternoon.
I find if I have a banana and a coffee late afternoon I can push my dinner a bit later, meaning I'm less likely to want to snack before bed smile

RoseInTheRain Sun 18-Oct-15 15:37:27

Divide your weekly points out - it makes 33 per day instead of 26.

Have fruit as a snack.

nonladyofleisure Tue 17-May-16 22:48:52

Butternut squash chips!!! 0pp

And mini twisters 1pp

Diet Jelly 0pp

Bulk everything with salad or veg

Egg whites not whole in a salad

Vinegar as a dressing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now