Does anyone fancy giving WW a go for June? £8 with code for 1 month plan - how much can we lose?!

(51 Posts)
JuneMonsoon Mon 01-Jun-15 06:32:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 01-Jun-15 06:39:32

I've had success with WW before too. I'm tempted but I'm off to see roughly what the plan looks like these days as I get the impression it may have changed.

JuneMonsoon Mon 01-Jun-15 07:38:19

clmustard Mon 01-Jun-15 08:09:08

is this for an online trial or do you have to go to a group. I hate the groups!

JuneMonsoon Mon 01-Jun-15 08:14:41

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 01-Jun-15 08:14:53

Yes, the meatballs are an issue....!

I did it in 1999 so I'm certain it has changed! I lost 2.5 stone gained as a result of terrible eating and drinking habits at university.

I instantly regained 1 stone but did ok keeping the rest off but now I'm back where I started after two children.

I'd like to lose 1.5 stone really. I know that's a nice weight for me. The right balance between clothes fitting and not having to exist on fresh air and exercise!

£8 trial sounds ace so I think I'd like to try.

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 01-Jun-15 08:15:56

I went group last time. It was ok but I hated having to clap everyone when they lost 1lb and now I'd have to drag a 1 year old and 3 year old with me which doesn't sound ideal.

JuneMonsoon Mon 01-Jun-15 09:19:00

JuneMonsoon Mon 01-Jun-15 10:47:35

Owllady Mon 01-Jun-15 10:54:09

I'm a member, I'm not losing weight quickly (I've lost 20lb since February) but I could lose it quicker if I didn't cheat grin so much! The plan is very similar to how it used to be, you can still point if that suits you better. I think the meetings have really improved too from years ago

JuneMonsoon Mon 01-Jun-15 13:37:39

Redcherries Mon 01-Jun-15 14:39:03

What do you get for your on line membership? I can't quite find that out blush I use the value diary app which works exactly the same as the ww app but I don't do any groups, just register my weigh in on the app.

ThatIsNachoCheese Mon 01-Jun-15 14:42:43

I have to go to the groups as my Dr referred me so it's free but I will join you all for some ww support!
My weigh day is Wednesday but this week I've been a bit crap as my back is bad (ongoing problem)
I lost 4 stone on ww in 2010 under the old points so hoping the new points work as well for me.

Christinayanglah Mon 01-Jun-15 15:09:13

Ive joined today!

velmadinkly Mon 01-Jun-15 18:19:01

Can I join for the moral support. I lost 4st with WW in 2000 and I generally kept it off until my pregnancy in 2008 and I was back at goal for early 2010, the last stone was very stubborn due to breastfeeding but that went within 6 weeks of me stopping BF. I've since hovered at 3-4lb above my goal weight. I'd love to have it gone for my holiday in 6 weeks time.

Life is generally good at the moment for me to be focussed on my eating and exercise. I will do a wi tomorrow morning and start pointing tomorrow onwards.

Christinayanglah Mon 01-Jun-15 18:44:55

Velma
Well done

JuneMonsoon Mon 01-Jun-15 23:12:32

velmadinkly Wed 03-Jun-15 09:47:01

Well, yesterday went well.

28ppt (2 from weeklies) and earned 2 from swimming. I'm sure I should earn more than 2 exercise points because I do 30 minutes of proper strenuous swimming, not breast stroke bobbing, but I suppose it makes much difference because I don't eat my exercise points anyway.

velmadinkly Wed 03-Jun-15 09:48:22

Oh, I forgot to add to my previous post, that I did a WI yesterday morning and I was 10st 9.8lb, so only 1.8lb above my goal weight.

I would love it if I was 10st 4 / 6lb for my holiday. My goal weight is 10st 8lb.

LadyintheRadiator Wed 03-Jun-15 09:55:20

I lost 50lbs with WW after having my daughter, and I have slowly put on about a stone of that over the last 18 months or so, so I have rejoined today, printed off my monthly pass and off to a meeting later on today. I have tried 5:2 to get back to my ideal weight and I did like it, a lot, but for whatever reason it hasn't worked for me so here I am, back to basics.

I've really enjoyed the meetings in the past so I hope I get a good one.

Owllady Wed 03-Jun-15 09:55:56

With sausages they vary wildly wrt points! 9 is a very fatty sausage grin

JuneMonsoon Thu 04-Jun-15 08:32:58

JuneMonsoon Thu 04-Jun-15 10:17:29

velmadinkly Thu 04-Jun-15 10:47:54

I swam again yesterday, my food was in control. I came in at 28ppt again. Not sure whether to swim, nordic walk or so davina 7 minute fit today.

I'm working from home today, so I think I'm going to do a cooked lunch, possible a bean and ham chilli / pasta sauce type thing using passata. I'll have it with some potato or cous cous and some salad.

Tea, I'm not sure about. It depends on what DH wants to eat.

Owllady Thu 04-Jun-15 10:51:28

I'm doing well this week
I'm going to walk the dog MILES as its lovely today smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now