Am I doing it right?

(13 Posts)
Fairy13 Sat 30-May-15 19:55:44

I can't afford to go to group and its been a long time since I did WW...

I'm usually a slimming world girl and I think because of that I'm freaking out that what I'm eating feels awful but still coming within my points? Can I give you today's food diary, tell me if I'm making a hideous mistake?

I get 30 points per day
Breakfast - toffee muller light (1), fruit.
Lunch - wholemeal toast, medium from 400g loaf x2 (4) half tin spaghetti (3)
Dinner - veg chow mein (9)
2 weight watchers wafers (2 each)
Options hot chocolate (1)

That's still only 20 points???????? And I had a takeaway????
That can't be right!

Redcherries Mon 01-Jun-15 14:42:02

The only thing I can see that might be wrong is the bread, it quite often is 5 pts for 2 slices and 2pts for one as it rounds up.

I find it quite easy to stay in my points food wise, it's wine that pushes the boundry ;) How long have you being doing it?

Fudgeface123 Thu 04-Jun-15 15:06:26

How are you getting 9pp for a chow mein? More like 25!

JuneMonsoon Thu 04-Jun-15 15:15:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fudgeface123 Thu 04-Jun-15 15:20:55

The Chow Mein was a takeaway so definitely, definitely not 9pp. As an example, my local takeaway uses 3 tablespoons of oil which is 12pp alone. The equivalent of about 3 nests of noodles so another 20pp based on 3 nests of dry egg noodles at 6pp per nest, plus the sauce which is about the amount of 2 or 3 of those packets of Blue Dragon chow mein sauce - another 10 or so points. This is a large portion though and I appreciate not all takeaways are the same but I think you've seriously underpointed.

PS. I actually meant to say more like 45!

Fudgeface123 Thu 04-Jun-15 15:23:06

PPS. I actually meant to say (also) that I asked my local takeaway for this information smile

Fairy13 Thu 04-Jun-15 19:15:07

I googled the chow mein and three different sites said 9! I'm going to go to an actual group on sat so I can get accurate info.

No butter on toast, no fruit juice and I had one cup of tea that day - I do have milk but skimmed and almost black - 2 teaspoons of milk.
Weighed myself today after my first week and lost 4lbs so obviously not too far off the mark!

Thanks

JuneMonsoon Thu 04-Jun-15 22:38:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhenMarnieWasThere Thu 04-Jun-15 22:43:04

Are you looking up the points values or the propoints values?
You say it's been a while. They did change the system several years ago and changed the way points are calculated.

Fairy13 Fri 05-Jun-15 07:14:02

weight watchers thread discussing pro points in chow mein

Obviously I know you can't take info from threads like that as gospel, although I assumed they knew what they were talking about as they were all doing the plan! But I'm going to join tomorrow so I can do it accurately.

Fairy13 Fri 05-Jun-15 07:16:11

That is 2011 actually, have the points changed since then?

PoppetPants Fri 05-Jun-15 07:18:17

The pp in chow mein are from a small portion, not a take away portion which I think is designed to serve more than 1...

WhenMarnieWasThere Fri 05-Jun-15 17:59:27

No. They changed before that.

An old point used to be about worth 70 cals and you got about 20-26 a day. No weekly extra points.

The new system gives you more points, but they are worth about 40 cals now. And they are worked out a different way so some foods are 'worse' points wise than they used to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now