Zero point soup recipes

(10 Posts)
BankerMommy2010 Tue 15-Oct-13 19:02:33

Help... I was so close to my 2st loss (1/2lb off) but after missing last week due to illness ive slipped off the band wagon so im thinking about trying to pull it back a bit and resorting to zero point soup (its my bday soon so want to keep my points low) has anyone got a good recipe?

cloudskitchen Wed 16-Oct-13 20:54:45

how about slicing a butternut squash in half. scoop out the seeds. bung 2 or 3 garlic cloves still in their papery skins into the hole where the seeds were. sprinkle with curry powder or whatever spice you fancy and spray with low cal spray. bung in the oven and roast until tender. scoop out the flesh and put in a pan. squeeze the garlic out of the skins into the pan. add water or stock and blend grin

bishboschone Mon 21-Oct-13 11:57:33

I love spicy pumpkin soup this time of year ... I
Literally boil pumpkin , add veg stock ( good quality) and white pepper .. Tis yum !

STIDW Fri 25-Oct-13 16:40:57

I adapted Nigella's broccoli and stilton soup;

two sprays olive oil
onion
garlic
chilli (chopped)
thyme
1kg frozen broccoli
stock
seasoning

Soften the chopped onion and garlic in the oil. Add the other ingredients, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 min before blitzing. Makes 6 or 7 portions.

The broccoli soup is nice on it's own but for a treat you can sprinkle each portion with 10g Stilton for 1 pp. Because the Stilton is fresh it has quite a strong taste. Nigella uses about 50g of Stilton per person and incorporates it into the soup at the end of cooking but I've heard others say it is too much cheese.

For convenience I keep a bag of frozen BNS in the freezer. Waitrose have sold it for a few years and Tesco has just started. You can roast it with curry spices as above or just cook it on the hob with onions, garlic and herbs and perhaps a red pepper.

FunnyFestiveTableRunner Sat 04-Jan-14 19:20:00

Bumping this thread as it's close to my heart at the minute! I used to make carrot and coriander soup for zero points. Onion, 500g carrots, 1.2 lts stock, lots of coriander.

Pumpkin567 Tue 14-Jan-14 07:20:52

I think soup needs some points or it won't be filling...

I made leek and potato this week. ( recipe on good food website) it has cream and milk! But it's very filling, you won't need thing else.
Nigellas is great but use the Stilton.
Cream of cauliflower.
Bn squash.

I lost quite a bit eating ONLY soup..

SqutterNutBaush Tue 14-Jan-14 07:26:53

I'm not sure its zero points (can't get my head round the pro point thing) but I used to make vegetable soup using broth mix, vegetable stock and chuck in some diced carrot, leek and turnip our whatever other veg needed used up grin

KosherBacon Tue 14-Jan-14 11:32:21

As a blue cheese alternative I like the laughing cow blue cheese triangles. They are 2 for 1pp (but 4 are 3pp).

MrsSarahLB Thu 06-Mar-14 12:47:51

I make an amazing roasted butternut squash and roasted pepper soup which is delicious. Zero points, I have it every day for lunch as I make a big batch (makes 7 soups) at the beginning of the week.

1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped (I usually use just 2 red peppers)
2 packs of sliced butternut squash (I used waitrose, each bag is 350g) or you can use the frozen bags of butternut squash
1 pack of waitrose vegetable soffrito (chopped onions, carrots and celery)
1 red chilli
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper
2 knorr vegetable stock pots making up 1500ml stock

1. Place the chopped peppers and butternut squash on a baking tray, spray with fry light and season with lots of black pepper.
2. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes on fan 180°
3. Place the soffito in a large saucepan and place the garlic and chilli in too. Make up 1500ml of vegetable stock and place in the saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. I usually let it simmer for the duration that the oven is on.
4. Take the roasted vegetables from the oven and place in the large saucepan with the soffito. Blend until smooth, adding more stock if necessary.

Nannyme1 Tue 01-Apr-14 16:29:57

Wouldn't the stock be worth some points?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now