Can you take a baby along to class?

(7 Posts)
maggiethemagpie Mon 07-Oct-13 18:55:23

I've just had a baby (2 weeks old) and stepped on the scales today for the first time since finding out I was pregnant. I've put on 2 stone, which is about what I thought (I did eat for 2) and needed to lose a stone before that.
Anyway I am considering weight watchers as I think it would motivate me to go to a class, but as I have a baby I would need to take her along. I'm not interested in the online version of WW.
Does anyone know if you can take babies along to class, it would be a daytime class so hopefully not too busy.
Also do you need to wait until six weeks after the birth? I was thinking of starting in 1-2 weeks so I won't have had my 6 week check yet.

Brandnewmamma Mon 07-Oct-13 19:02:23

I have seen babies at class. I have a three week old and lost seven pound since last Monday and eating well.. Think it must be fluid so you may not be as high as you thought. I am going to wait the six week but cut out biscuits etc. I also walk two miles a day.. Will increase to four next week as had section. Congrats on baby!!

maggiethemagpie Tue 08-Oct-13 07:54:56

I am cutting out biscuits and junk food too and it's hard! I really did eat for 2 during my pregnancy reasoning that I probably never will let myself go like that again (as I'm not having any more kids!)
I'm imagining it will take around 6 months to lose 2-3 stone, does that sound reasonable?
Also had c section but not been out and done much walking yet - scar site still feels sore and got two kids to take with me! Planning to put the double pram together this weekend though.
Congrats on your baby too.

Brandnewmamma Wed 09-Oct-13 09:50:57

Take it easy walking.i was fairly fit before and swam four ties a week yet found a twenty minute walk hard enough after section. Best of luck

Bluemonkeyspots Wed 09-Oct-13 12:49:42

You can take the baby but you need to wait six weeks after the birth before they will let you join.

I may have accidentally gave the wrong date of birth for my dc so I could start when she was three weeks blush

loveolives Thu 10-Oct-13 08:27:34

Yes my 6 month old comes along every week, you can nurse there too with no raised eyebrows!

Winstonsma Sat 12-Oct-13 07:50:39

Yes i sometimes take my little boy, since he was 7 weeks. If i had to take my toddler too then i wouldnt stay for the talk as he would be too noisy!x I usually feed bubba through the talk and that keeps him quiet.x Worst case scenario, he is too noisy so just weigh in?

Also - I found a ww meeting on a saturday morning just 20mins away so might be worth looking at a wide area for the meets. it's my weekly time off now!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now