How soon after birth can you rejoin WW?

(8 Posts)
Twiddlebum Tue 20-Aug-13 07:32:07

I'm a ww gold member and stopped going before I became pregnancy. I'm currently 7 months gone and have gained 2 stone. I'm keep to get back on the ww wagon after the birth but wondered if anyone knew their policy on when you can start and how many extra pro points they allow for BF?
TIA

NationMcKinley Tue 20-Aug-13 07:34:32

I don't know about WW but when I looked into joining slimming world I was told I should have had my 6 week post natal check and been given the ok by my GP. Sorry, I don't know about points etc

Twiddlebum Tue 20-Aug-13 08:03:56

Thanks nation.... I think I've heard elsewhere as well that its 6 weeks.

Twiddlebum Tue 20-Aug-13 08:05:19

Also..(if anyone knows) do they still charge you if you are over your 5lb avove your gold card weight or do make make some allowances

joeymacc Sat 12-Oct-13 18:01:43

Hello, I'm BF-ing, I get 42 points a day (is the standard amount 26?). Although I don't know how many extra points I get for being super fat, last time I joined I only had about 10lbs to lose, this time it's more like 3st... Plenty enough points for a cake a day, with a nice steady loss of about 2lb per week so far! I believe you're meant to wait until after your 6 wk check. Hope this helps!

Beebs1987 Tue 22-Oct-13 04:09:28

I think you can start as soon after birth as you like but maybe contact your leader to confirm.

I'm a gold member and returned 3 months after birth as that's when I felt mentally ready for it. If you're a gold member you don't have to pay after you have had a baby until the baby is 6 months old so I guess the sooner you go back the more you can take advantage of this.
smile

themightywalrus Wed 06-Nov-13 23:28:30

Hi there. You get 14 extra points for breastfeeding. I'm not sure whether WW have a policy of how soon you can attend after birth, but I waited until after my 6/8 week GP checkup just to be sure.

beccic123 Thu 07-Nov-13 18:57:39

Well I know people that still did ww and slimming world when pregnant they were told it was fine. Were just allowed more calories

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now