2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 22-Apr-13 18:13:25

Welcome Neeko. We're a friendly bunch on here grin

jazzcat28 Mon 22-Apr-13 19:53:23

Bye bye cider, shame to hear WW hasn't worked out for you, but good luck with bootcamp!

Welcome Neeko! You're very inspirational - getting to goal twice!! Hopefully you can rub off on us lot wink

Sounds like people are having nice meals tonight - my risotto was very tasty and made enough for 4 portions. Have put 2 tubs in the freezer for a 'can't be bothered' dinner over the next week or so. Bit pricey on the old pp at 10pp per portion but served with a big salad was very filling.

Crunchie what fishcakes do you have? Are they homemade or shop bought? I always thought the shop bought ones were high in pp but if you've found some I'd love to know which ones! <missing fishcakes in my life - sad>

Now I've achieve my 10% goal my leader tells me I have to set my ultimate goal next WI. According to the WW site this has to put me in a BMI range of 20-25 . This means another 2st 4lb to go.

Should I mention that we are actively TTC do you think? I will keep dieting until I know I'm pg. It seems impossible to achieve a BMI of 25 before that happens though (assuming we are one of the lucky couples who get a BFP within a month or two)

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 22-Apr-13 20:23:35

I wouldn't mention about ttc as it's nothing to do with them. I also wouldn't be pressurised into setting a goal. Just tell her you want to take it half a stone at a time.

We just have Sainsbury's responsibly sourced cod ones. Tracker says they're 9pp which is why I always have them with salad. If you have mash it makes it too high in pp. They are nice smile.

I've just been out and walk/run 2miles and then run 1.75m. Upstairs now. Away from the curly wurly which is calling my name..

jazzcat28 Mon 22-Apr-13 20:43:38

Crunchie just looked at the fishcakes on Sainsbos website (yes, I'm that excited I might have them). Using the nutritional info on their site it works out at 7pp a fish cake?? Either I've just ruined your night by making your dinner much more pointy (if you had 2 thinking they were 9pp) or I'm your new best friend grin

I think you're right re setting a goal. I think it'd be much easier to aim for a stone or half a stone first, and then take stock from there. I'm losing roughly 7lb every 4-6 weeks so could do a half stone a month if I stuck to it.

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 22-Apr-13 21:32:02

hmmm when I search for them they come up at 9pp per pack... That's annoying. angry Just going to check again.

Livinginorganisedchaos Mon 22-Apr-13 21:55:52

Left over roast chicken and salad here tonight.

I realised as well this weekend that I have fallen into a bad habit of overindulging with the hope that if I stay on track Monday to Friday I can get away with it. Going to try and track more at weekends.

On a more positive note, I was rummaging in my wardrobe this morning trying to decide what to wear to work when I came across a blouse that I have not been able to wear since before I got pregnant with DS. Tried it on and it fitted so naturally wore it to work today and felt fantastic! grin

Neeko Mon 22-Apr-13 22:17:36

Thanks for the welcome though jazzcat I think I'd be more inspirational if I'd reached goal once and stuck to it! grin

As for ttc I wouldn't mention anything as it is nothing to do with ww (though you do have to stop if you get upduffed wink ) Fingers crossed for you.

Sainsbury's taste the difference smoked haddock fish cakes are 8 points each though they are big.

I've just discovered low low cheese which is pretty good and only 2pp per 30g. I had some on top of my veggie pasta tonight and it melted well.

poorpaws Tue 23-Apr-13 01:24:26

Oh sod it, sod it, sod it. Eaten far too much at tea shop (massive thick bread with huge chunks of the most wonderful tasting ham and a huge slice of coffee and walnut cake), then went to M and S cafe for scone with jam. Came home and had ready meal with loads of veg and then four WW toffee bars. Yes, I need to stand up and say "my name is paws and I am a pig".

There is no hope for me at all this week.

Hello newbies, welcome and ignore me, I'm having a bad week.

Good to hear all the positive news from the rest of you. I'll be back on track and joining you all soon but got a bad week this week. Think I'm out again on Thursday and Friday for food and I've not got a single ounce of willie power in me atm. Dreading Friday wi already, will hang my head in shame before the whole class.

No kicking from anyone about the treadmill so it's definitely not my fault I've abandoned it. smile

Fled - foot up the butt.

Neeko Tue 23-Apr-13 07:36:28

Ah Poorpaws everyone has a bad week sometimes. You are only human after all. BTW the tea shop sounded delicious!
How much weight have you lost so far and what would you have eaten if you'd gone there before ww? I bet you made slightly healthier choices than before smile Think of it all as a journey and this week is a detour grin

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 23-Apr-13 08:40:26

Poorpaws. Get on the treadmill every night and try and rein yourself in. you still have 3 full days until weigh in - you can do this. Forget about yesterday, you can't change that now. This will be you here

I'm still tracking. Even though i have no weeklies left and I'm close to the mark everyday I'm still breaking even just about. We're going for tea tomorrow night after running club so I'm going to eat dust all day, run 6 miles then I can have chips for tea grin

Jazzcat I checked the fishcakes again and they came up for 14pp for a packet. sad. Still within pp for the day though. Just...

Neeko Tue 23-Apr-13 20:10:34

Hi. Hope you've all had a good day. I had a 2lb loss this week which I'm very pleased about.
Realise you have probably all already done this, but what are your favourite low point treats?
Mine are mini twister ice lollies (1 pp), treat size crunchies (2 pp) and curly wurlys (3pp). I got to goal last time through having one of these at least everyday!

Hi can I join you all smile

I joined WW online just over a week ago and lost 4lb first week grin

I just wanted to ask a few questions.

Do you use all your 49 points and still lose every week?

Do any of you eat the ready meals ie Tesco, M&S and WW? I'm lazy and enjoy them with extra veg etc, but is it a bad thing to get into.

If I want to use the 49 points for chocolate etc is that ok wink obviously not all of them!

I'm loving it at the moment as you can eat what you want as long as you point.

Thanks

jazzcat28 Tue 23-Apr-13 20:37:28

neeko well done on the loss!! My fave treats are curly wurlies, a mug of cadburys hilights caramel hot choc (1pp) and allowing myself to buy a sandwich once a week from work canteen to break up my week of having canned soup for lunch every day. I point them using the back of the packet and generally they come in at 8-10pp each pack. Bit pricey but kicks the carb cravings sometimes.

mummy welcome to our gang! 4lb loss is great for your first week, you must be pleased.

In answer to your questions, yes I use pretty much all my dailies and weeklies every week. My leader says that the weeklies are there for a reason - we are all human and depriving ourselves of them might make the weight drop off quicker to begin with, but we will be depriving ourselves of the fat and naughty things that we crave and end up having a binge. The weeklies are meant to help us adopt a healthy lifestyle that fits in with normality - i.e. wine on a friday night, roast on sunday, pudding after dinner, eating out etc.

I personally have this strange phenomenon where if I have Pizza Hut/Dominos mid week (pointed and using my weeklies) then I lose a minimum of 2lb at WI on Saturday! I can't work it out but think it's something to do with kick starting my body into burning fat rather than storing it because it thinks I'm starving it?!?!

As for ready meals, I have a couple in the freezer to give me a quick dinner in the week but generally love to cook from scratch and find the Hairy Dieters (HD) book is great for big portions of yummy low point food.

jazzcat28 Tue 23-Apr-13 20:39:25

crunchie sorry to hear about the fishcakes... I have found a few anomolies using the app/tracker entries - e.g. a mini bag of Haribo is 1pp on the app but if you use the calculator to work it out from the nutrition info they are 5pp per bag!

backinaminute Tue 23-Apr-13 21:37:02

Hi everyone and welcome to the newbies. I'm back from holiday with my rails between my legs.

I spectacularly fell off the wagon. Having stuck to ww religiously for the past 4 months, it seems I have learnt nothing, as soon as I give myself free reign I revert to old ways.

As much as ww is about having a little bit of everything there are some things I think I just need to avoid because I don't have the self control to stop once I start - fresh bread being a big one (damn you in store bakeries!). Also DP and I had an Indian Take Away on Saturday, first one since Xmas and it was awesome grin but not one single sensible choice in sight again.

I'm not too worried though, it's reminded me not to get complacent as it's easy to slip back into it. I'm at a bit of a danger point as I'm quite happy with the way I look now. Really I have another stone to go but I have gone from a size 18-20 to a comfortable 14 and feel fab. I'm worried about getting to goal and not being able to maintain it and that being really depressing. I know there are people on here that are joining at my current weight that are miserable with their weight and i am still significantly over weight. I'm just going to carry on tracking and planning and see what happens. I haven't had to give a goal weight but in my head I have 10.13 grin but who knows.

Has anyone been watching secret eaters on channel 4? I think it's on on Thursdays? I really like it and it really shows how calories add up (and in ww terms how important tracking is).

backinaminute Tue 23-Apr-13 22:01:43

Err tail not rails

poorpaws Wed 24-Apr-13 01:04:23

Crunchie ~ lol at treadmill, that's fabulous!

Neeko ~ I've lost 3 stones altogether but over Christmas put on half a stone in a very short space of time and four months later I can't shift that half stone and its driving me crazy. Well done on the 2lbs loss, that's great.

Mummy ~ welcome, you'll love it here (though you might get a kick up the bottom (are you listening Fled)). Regarding the ready meals, I'm afraid I am the queen of the ready meals. I have one every day with a ton of veg. I usually have the WW beef hotpot (microwave for 7 mins then finish browning potatoes on top under grill while veg cooks in microwave). Also M and S do a lovely beef meal. I've tried almost every ready meal there is but lots leave me still hungry.

Whoever asked, yes I eat every single ppt per day and every single 49 weekly, I need all of them and would like more.

Backinamin ~ I have my tail between my legs too but it's OK we'll get there in the end.

Had a further day from chocolate hell. Had a problem at home which sent me into a chocolate frenzie all day (including easter eggs which I hadn't touched) so writing this week off, deciding to take the added pounds like a man, and start again next Saturday (including treadmill). I will shift this half stone, I will shift this half stone, I will .............

Well done to everyone else.

Furball Wed 24-Apr-13 07:30:15

I'm doing ok in my first week.

Previous times I've done WW the tracking has got me down, but, I HAVE to do it, to keep me on the line.

Had a sneaky wi Monday and according to my scales lost 3 lbs which I'm obviously really pleased abut and hoping to eek abit more out of by official WI tomorrow.

also very please to learn that cadbury caramel eggs are only 5 points - Bargain!! - I haven't eaten it yet, thought I would save it til I really get a crave.

flatmouse Wed 24-Apr-13 08:32:15

backin a comfortable 14 - fantastic!! That's where i would like my butt to be (top half already fast approaching a 12). I'm still a 16 bottom half.

Furball however tempting, i'd advise against mid-week sneaky WI's - they can give false hope/disappointment. Well done though smile

Poorpaws - you WILL!

jazz and crunchie - an inspiration to us all smile

Welcome to newer ones, and everyone i haven't mentioned already!

Well. After 15 weeks of muttering about how i really need to do more exercise apart from 50 min daily dog walk, i did it! On went the running gear and i did 2.36 miles of 3min run/2min walk. YEY! Planning to go out and do the same again on Thursday. Let's hope now that i've lost some weight before starting the running i don't suffer so many injuries and i can get back out enjoying it. (On a side note, slightly gutted that run/jogging gives you no more than slow walk activity points wise, would have thought it'd be more!).

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 24-Apr-13 09:01:34

Flatmouse I count my activity points for running but also look at the bigger picture. Since I started in January I've run at least twice a week sometimes 3-4. When I went back to work after Christmas I was wearing a pair of size 18 work trousers and my nice Next size 16s wouldn't go over my thighs blush

Today I am wearing those same size 16s and they are a very comfortable fit, if not a bit loose. I have lost a stone but it's the toning up as well which has made a difference.

I absolutely swear by the power of running for weight loss, toning and a general upbeat feeling. I would recommend joining a running group too as they work a bit like this thread. If you know you're meeting someone, you can't cop out.

I have never lost this much weight and stayed this motivated before. Ever. And it's due to this thread, my determination and running.

I'm helping a non-running friend train for the Race for Life and we're doing C25K. On week four and she just can't believe that she can actually run non stop for 3 mins. I also got her to join WW and she's lost 9lbs in four weeks toogrin

Sorry this is a bit long, I'll get off my soap box now.

Welcome new people and have a great day all thanks brew

fledtoscotland Wed 24-Apr-13 12:47:46

Right I'm back. Had a week off but was a crappy week emotionally and although I didn't follow WW I didn't overeat too much

Ran this morning - managed 13 mins before gasping and getting cramps. Thinking about doing a 5k in the summer for local hospice who looked after my family friend or cancer research as I've got another friend with cancer.

Wedding to go to on Friday and fit comfortably into a size 14 dress with hold it all in underwear. In general I'm eating far less and walking much more which is good.

Not weighing in this week but am definitely focused smile

rightsaidthread Wed 24-Apr-13 13:28:48

Very pleased with a 2lb loss this week. 30 day shred is probably to thank but definately not enjoying doing it

backinaminute Wed 24-Apr-13 14:23:08

Flatmouse - I bet we look completely opposite. I'm much broader on top and although have lost it's my tummy, legs and bottom that have been the most drastic. Top wise I'm still 14/16.

I'm a bit concerned about my boobs which have shrunk dramatically. I was an F cup (have always had big boobs), despite ebf ds2 they are much smaller (and much much droopier grin). I dread to think what they are going to look like when I stop feeding DS.

I've just started week 8 of c25k and totally agree with Crunchie. I've got a pair of boots that I've had since I was about 16/17 (I'm 30 now), just little ankle boots but the zips never did all the way up - now they do. I can fit my whole hand and wrist down my knee high boots and I'm sure it's the running. I've got actual definition in my legs.

I can now do a block of 28 mins, 8 weeks ago I struggled to do 60 seconds. If I can do it, seriously anyone can. I can't rate the nhs c25k programme enough. grin

Help needed please, had to visit my mum in hospital tonight.

I shared a portion of fish and chips with my dad, I had 13 points left before I ate them.

How many points would you say to use for them?

Thanks smile

Neeko Wed 24-Apr-13 21:52:46

Hello. The eating out guide says 23 for a portion of fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's.

I just had a twirl after a very stressful day. Delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now