2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

jazzcat28 Sat 20-Apr-13 11:03:36

Well done metro!!!!

Don't forget to update the spreadsheet ladies smile

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 20-Apr-13 13:55:15

Can someone do me as phone won't allow. 13.11 smile

bigTillyMint Sat 20-Apr-13 14:13:06

Have done it for you Crunchie, I hope!

Well done on all the losses! I had a sneaky pre-WI this morning and I seem to have lost 2lbsshock Hope it's still gone tomorrow!

Metro, as I WI at home, I get up, have a wee and weighgrin

fledtoscotland Sat 20-Apr-13 16:41:34

Well done everyone winewinewinewine

I've fallen off the wagon this week. Funerals and nightshifts aren't good for the diet. Finish nights on Monday so then I'm restarting with a vengeance. However although in eating crap, its a lot less crap than before

poorpaws Sat 20-Apr-13 21:54:49

Crunchie you're amazing! Well done jazz and metro you are all just brilliant.

I've had a busy day with a long dog walk so have 5 activity points but am trying to be good tonight as I need all my ppts for Mondays tea shop visit. I could murder some food now and only have 3ppts left (might have to dip into my weeklies).

Again very well done.

bigTillyMint Sun 21-Apr-13 07:12:48

Well the scales are still showing a 2lb loss, so I guess it's truesmile

AddictedtoCrunchies Sun 21-Apr-13 07:25:30

Just getting up ready to watch the marathon on tv.

Next year I'll be there. Running it. wink

bigTillyMint Sun 21-Apr-13 07:37:41

Go, Crunchies!smile

Furball Sun 21-Apr-13 09:48:10

Well done to all the losers! - very inspiring for me in my first week. smile

onthemetro Sun 21-Apr-13 11:38:51

Well done everyone on the losses! smile

Crunchie have you ever run a marathon? I think my aim is to run a marathon, probably in a good few years though as I haven't even finished c25k grin I love having a fitness goal to focus on, seeing as weight can be so unpredictable

AddictedtoCrunchies Sun 21-Apr-13 15:54:57

No I haven't but I will wink

outtolunchagain Mon 22-Apr-13 09:04:12

Holidays have been difficult to be honest , having three hulking boys around is great but the fridge is constantly stocked!

BUT yesterday we booked out flights to Zambia to spend Christmas with my brother and his family who live there . This will be our last big family holiday , is costing a packet and we have waited a long time to go.

I am not going to not be able to look at the photos when we come back , and I am not going to spend the whole time feeling sweaty and yucky in uncomfortable clothes hmm.

So I need to get 2 stone off at least , that will take me to 10 stone , would prefer 9.5 but that might be just too far .

outtolunchagain Mon 22-Apr-13 09:55:09

Very impressed by all the weight losses , I need to join all of you on slow losses but am determined to speed up

NeonGolden Mon 22-Apr-13 11:21:14

Hello everyone!

Mind if I join in?

I'm 24 and too fat. Well, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here! wink I'm sick and tired of being this big, I've always been a little full-figured but the last two years the weight has just piled on and on and on... And now it's time to get rid of it! The real incentive was when 3 people asked me over the course of two days when my baby was due... blush

Besides, the past four years I've always worn leggings and pantyhose throughout the summer because I hate my legs, and I don't want to anymore! I'm also fed up with being WAY too sweaty all the time, I work in the service industry and there's nothing as unappealing as a server who's sweaty.

At the moment I'm 5'4" and 87,3kilo (what's that, 13,5 stone?). I'd like to get down to 68kg / 10 stone. It seems insurmountable tbh...

Actually I started weight watchers a few weeks ago (right after the pregnancy questions) but I gave up within four days because it was my bf's birthday and we had about four days of dining out. There's always an excuse lying around somewhere but I decided that maybe this was the most difficult week in the year I could have chosen, then I pretended to forget about it for a month again, but here I am...

Right now I'm not really doing anything wrt sports, I just started taking lindy hop classes once a week and I'm quite interested in starting to do CrossFit, but I think that'll have to wait till next month. Also considering starting the couch - 5k today wink

I'm not visiting the WW meetings, I'm doing everything online.

Btw, sorry for any mistakes, I'm not from the UK, actually I live in Belgium and English isn't my first language! And no, I have no idea how I ended up here... wink

fledtoscotland Mon 22-Apr-13 11:24:12

Welcome Neon. We are a friendly bunch here.

It's Monday - nights are over so I'm back to eating at normal times instead of my main meal at 4am. My arse is ready for its regular kicking please and can someone send me motivation. Had a lousy week last week in RL so things can only get better (she says before car goes in for Mot next week confused)

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 22-Apr-13 12:35:11

Fled, here's your size 9 right up the jacksy. You know what you have to do so just do it. Plan, plan, then plan some more. Then track it all. Then move your butt and earns some APs. That OK?

Really glad Fled is 400 miles from me so that she can't come and beat me after that talking to.

I have slippd into a routine with my WW. I track strictly Monday to Friday. WI Saturday morning and then spectacularly fall off the wagon until Monday morning. I need to break this as I'm sure I could lose more lbs and more often if I stuck to it at weekends too. Weighed this morning and I've gained 3lbs since Sat am.

HOWEVER, this weekend I've done something different in that I tracked everything I ate over the weekend (before I'd just eat it, discount my 49 and start again Monday). I actually ate my 31 for both days plus 52 weeklies so I'm on -3 for the week. BUT I didn't track my APs from Saturday (umpired a v fast netball match and ran for 19 minutes with a friend so think they would probably cover the 3pp I'm over.

Anyway, there is a purpose to this post I promise, just stick with me.. It's made me realise that my weekends are completely undoing all my good work in the week and that I'm never going to hit the 12st 7lb target by 1 July if I don't knuckle down and get on with it.

So I am going to:

- track religiously all week
- run tonight, Wednesday and Thursday
- try to stay on track Saturday and Sunday

smile

Welcome Neon, your English is better than mine and it is my first language grin. You'll get lots of support on here - have a look at our recipe thread (link is on OP). Good luck.

jazzcat28 Mon 22-Apr-13 13:34:49

Welcome neon! Lindyhop sounds amazing - wonder if this will be the new dance class craze after Zumba?

crunchie I am a Saturday weigh buddy and find it actually easier to stay on plan at the weekend because I have more time to cook from scratch whereas in the week after 3hr round commute I often need my weeklies to cover pasta/pizza dinners. I've found making zero point soup to have for lunch at the weekend means I can still have dessert/wine in the evenings. (though no wine for me at the moment as very much in optimal window for TTC).

What's everyone having for dinner tonight?

I'm having chicken mushroom and bacon risotto using leftovers from Sunday roast. Serving it with a huge salad and maybe a slice of garlic bread

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 22-Apr-13 14:05:48

We're having fishcakes and salad. Standard Monday night fayre in Crunchie Towers.

Risotto sounds nice though...

fledtoscotland Mon 22-Apr-13 14:57:50

Having turkey steaks and salad for tea. Going to make a huge pot of carrot & coriander soup.

Furball Mon 22-Apr-13 16:29:34

Homemade chilli - with a smidgen of grated cheese

onthemetro Mon 22-Apr-13 16:36:46

Another Saturday weigher here, I always struggle at the weekend because of this. Keep thinking 'I have aaaaaaaall my weeklies again so I may as well...', and I really need to get out of that habit.

We're having spaghetti bolognese, 5pp for the bolognese (extra lean mince, how I love thee) and 4pp for 40g spaghetti.

flatmouse Mon 22-Apr-13 16:44:28

Wow, some fab losses going on - well done everyone!
Disappointing week for me this week - all tracked, all normal (except fewer than normal weeklies consumed), poorly on Saturday, the Monday WI i'd put on 2oz (today is a day when the fact it measures in oz is a curse!)
Hey ho! Ever onwards, determined to do better next week. Have decided next week is time for measuring again! (now if only i could encourage myself to shred or c25k again!)

I do the same crunchie. The weekend undoes all the good of the week.

I'm so not into it at the moment. I'm fed up going to meetings and seeing others manage to stick to it. Have been to two Saturday meetings recently to help out as leader has started a new Saturday meeting. Haven't weighed though as wanted to stick to my normal Tuesday. A girl joined this week and said she had been doing SW for years and then got fed up and went on Cambridge Diet for last two months. She lost over 2.5 stone and has joined WW now to lose another two stone. Made me very tempted by Cambridge but don't think I would stick it. But I do need to try something else as this is just not working for me at the moment. I'm tired of it all. Fed up tracking. Fed up of being good all week and undoing all that at the weekend. And I know it is all my own fault. It's making me very demoralised. This thread is brilliant but I'm just not in the right headspace for WW ATM. So I have decided to try low carb for a while and will be joining BIWI's bootcamp. DH likes low carb so will be happy to do it with me. A change is as good as a rest as they say! So maybe this will enthuse me a bit.

I may well be back but for now it's au revoir.........

Neeko Mon 22-Apr-13 18:05:25

Hi all. Can I join? Just started back at WW last Tuesday. This is the 3rd time I've done it. First time was 8 years ago before DC and 2nd time was after DD2 was weaned. I got to gold both times and was delighted that I was 'only' 7lbs from goal at wi last week.
We are going to Florida in ten weeks and I would like to be well below goal by then.
All motivation gratefully received!

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 22-Apr-13 18:12:40

sad sad Cider we'll miss you but I completely understand. Pop back in and let us know how you're doing x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now