2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

AddictedtoCrunchies Sun 14-Jul-13 20:57:05

I just typed a long message and the site crashed. Too hot to do it again so, to summarise..

great weekend, lots of nice food, fruit purchased, back on it, holiday 4 weeks Saturday, 13 stone.

x

AddictedtoCrunchies Sun 14-Jul-13 20:59:48

Obviously I want to get to 13 stone, not lose 13 stone.. Was 13.5 at last weigh in but probably a bit heavier than that now..

STIDW Sun 14-Jul-13 21:32:57

Despite a really bad 3 days eating out over last weekend I've still managed to loose an average of 2lbs a week. That's a total of 3st 11lbs since 10th Jan and I can now get back into size 12.

I had a cold this week and when I tracked a M&S mini oat biscuit the voice recognition came up with billy goat biscuit! grin

savemefromrickets Sun 14-Jul-13 23:26:58

I'd lost the will this week but now I've seen the HD points I'm beginning to feel enthusiastic again. I'm doing ok on the WW plan, but I clearly need to cook more things from scratch to make the most of my points. I had the WW macaroni cheese last week and it really wasn't worth 9 points so I left half of it!!

Well I lost 1.5 lb last week but I've put on over the weekend sad

How many of you do it online? Do you manage to stay motivated as it would be easier for me

rightsaidthread Mon 15-Jul-13 12:18:39

STIDW that is fantastic!

Beautician I'm not sure how filling and healthy works, I believe it's based on same principle as slimming world. A friend tried it a few weeks ago and gained so that's put me off trying it

Thanks perhaps ill give it a miss then. I'm really struggling and it's only day one of the Summer holidays

pollywollydoodle Mon 15-Jul-13 14:33:16

filling and healthy is eating as much as you need from listed foods (plus some healthy oils) to make you comfortably full...so you need to be able to recognise that point...i think it goes wrong when people mistakenly think that they can eat as much as they want off the lists without taking account of being full.
i've been doing ww for a year and have only recently felt confident doing this.
hth

pollywollydoodle Mon 15-Jul-13 15:13:10

saveme what are HD points?

I agree about cooking from scratch..things that are veg based in partic are generally low in points unless you add loads of full fat cheese.( buy strong tasting but low fat and the cals plummet because you need much less for the flavour) or cream. if i have a veg curry/chilli/pasta sauce it is often only 2-3 pp on top of the carb pp (and that is because i like to fry my onions and garlic for the base as it tastes better)

one of the things that surprised me was that shop bought fruit salads (even if they have no added juice) have 2-4 pp a serving shock
leader said she thought they added sugars or other preservatives

FCEK Mon 15-Jul-13 17:34:54

Can I please join? After losing 25lbs on ww the weight is starting to creep back on and I'm struggling to remember to track each day and I'm eating too much. I need a kick up the arse and lots of support to start losing again and get to goal hmm

flatmouse Tue 16-Jul-13 11:32:39

STIDW voice tracking? on app? where? That sounds like fun!! Fantastic loss btw.

I lost the grand total of < 1/2 lb today which brings me bang on the nose to 12 stone. This is a milestone it is taking me weeks to cross it seems - lets hope once i break through the barrier i have a "spurt" to get me heading down to 11!

Polly HD = Hairy Dieters (the Hairy Bikers diet book that went with their TV series) - some kind soul pointed it all and i think it's on the spreadsheet linked to in OP. I often re-point as eg i use less chicken and less oil in the Sweet n Sour Chicken (can recommend as a fantastic recipe).

Welcome FCEK and Beautician - I do it online. I stay motivated by the lovely comments from people and being able to fit in clothes smile

pollywollydoodle Tue 16-Jul-13 14:15:49

ah thanks flatmouse
hi there FCEK smile
I have a RL buddy who i message at least once a day and we keep each other in order lol. the group leader runs a FB page for all her groups, which is a laugh
i have ms and fall a fair bit..i imagine my poor dh having to lift me (that doesn't work if i'm peed off with him though...then i have to concentrate on clothes fittingg better)

pollywollydoodle Tue 16-Jul-13 14:17:07

that last bit was to beautician btw

stowsettler Tue 16-Jul-13 17:51:16

Hello everyone, just checking in after 3 days away. Didn't go too far off track, but I'm still in holiday mode as I have a spa day with lunch and champagne tomorrow. Something tells me I'll gain this week for sure. Hey ho - I will have enjoyed it! See you all on Friday after weigh in - that'll send me scurrying back here!

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 17-Jul-13 11:55:31

Just checking in, been back on it since Monday am and feeling gooood. Managed a 3.3m run in 30 degree heat yesterday and thought my head would explode. Going to try 5.5 tonight but leave it until 6.30 when it will hopefully be cooler.

Am hoping that my change from eating crap constantly and doing feck all to eating well constantly and exercising more will give me a massive boost on this week's weight loss. smile

Weigh in is Sunday - anyone els eon a Sunday?

pollywollydoodle Wed 17-Jul-13 12:51:39

running in this heat? you ought to get a gold star type boost at the scales smile

Have lost 2.5 this week despite being a lazy mare grin ...2.5 to go to get back to goal.....i think not having any magnums in and living off very colourfull salads has done it

AddictedtoCrunchies Thu 18-Jul-13 13:09:24

managed 5.5m last night. Even my teeth were sweating..

poorpaws Fri 19-Jul-13 23:47:58

Oh Crunchie you put me to shame.

Wi tonight and I gained half a lb which is absolutely amazing. I have been out for lunch every day this week and had several dinners out too and it's not like I've chosen well from the menu (last night it was fried fish, chips and pease followed by sticky toffee pudding and honeycomb ice cream (very large portions}. I am pushing my luck now, ive been overeating for about four weeks and I know I can't get away with this much longer. I've got rubbish (scones, clotted cream, chocolate) in the fridge so I think I'll start the diet on Monday. I must say I'm actually fed up with eating out (my life just isn't normally this hectic} and I think I'd quite enjoy getting back to my normal boring routine.

Well done to all the losers, I'm hoping to join you soon.

poorpaws Fri 19-Jul-13 23:48:47

peas even

INeedThatForkOff Sat 20-Jul-13 10:45:09

Hello WWers. I started the original 2013 thread back in January but didn't stick with it. My excuse is that I've been looking after two small DCs while also doing a lot of home work in my second job while on maternity leave from my main work, but now it's done. I did try the 5:2 fast but really struggled to cope with the hunger while tired (neither DC is a sleeper) and BFing. I haven't had the time to exercise. Bedtime is now my only obstacle to that, so I'm going to use the six week school holiday to really make a good start.

WW works for me when I commit to it. So day 1, week 1 for me.

pollywollydoodle Sat 20-Jul-13 15:53:49

hello ineed i defy anyone to breastfeed and manage tiredness on 500 cals...ww seems a healthier way to do it. there are 3 bfing mums in our group in rl...all doing well!

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 20-Jul-13 16:55:32

fork! You're back! Well done for restarting. I'm an original and still here. thanks

I ran 9 miles this morning! Am very pleased and on track for my half marathon five weeks today. Felt ok too apart from the last .75 miles which hurt a bit.

Weighed Monday for the first time in a month and was disappointed to see I'd gained 7lbs. So gave myself a kick, started counting points and went for two runs. Sneaky weigh in yesterday showed all 7lb had gone. Just shows how much rubbish I ate over that month and how well WW works. Onwards now as want to lose another 4lbs in the next 4 weeks smile

INeedThatForkOff Sat 20-Jul-13 20:28:38

Nine miles, wow! How long have you been tracking?

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 20-Jul-13 21:04:26

I've been tracking since January but very loosely. I want this to be a long term solution to creat good habits. If I'd stuck to it rigidly I'd have lost my weight by March and have put it all back on by now. So I've tried to live my life making good choices. And the running really helps smile

canmykidsplaywithyours Sun 21-Jul-13 21:38:32

Hi can i join? I got to goal last august after losing 4 stone. Even when i got to goal i knew i wanted to still shift another 8ish lbs, but thought id save on membership fees, which obviously in hindsight was a stupid thing to do. have been really lazy and in the last year have managed to lose (and recently gain) the same 4lbs. I have 20 days until holiday and to lose 8lbs, i realise its not achieveable but even if i shift 5/6lbs of that i will be happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now