2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

Champagnecharleyismyname Mon 08-Jul-13 22:36:37

.5lb off at weigh in today, bit disappointed it is not more but at least going in the right direction. I am getting lots of inspiration from this thread, thank you..

poorpaws Mon 08-Jul-13 22:58:31

Well I've outdone you all on the naughty eating. Had lunch out ~ coronation chicken baguette (massive) with salad, coleslaw, new potatoes etc. Coconut ice cream. Then had dinner and at 10.00pm had two clotted cream scones with jam and clotted cream and strawberries. You'd think I'd burst but no, I could eat something else quite easily.

Crunchie I live one mile from Paignton, not nearly as upmarket as where you will be. We have got Brixham only 5 miles away and that's quite nice (that's where I had lunch today). BTW I'm not from Devon, I moved here 12 years ago from the East Midlands.

Apparently at WW meeting last Friday (which I skipped) only two people were there. Oopps that's not very good. I might not go again this week since I've had a week from hell both with eating and worry. Also my brother's wife (so sister in law (I'm an idiot sometimes), her mum died last night so we've had to lose a family member to gain a little granddaughter. (She was 98 and had a very good life so it's not quite as bad as it sounds (and I wasn't at all close to her), but its still sad).

Anyway my lovelies onward and upward for all of you, as I slide down the slippery slope to weight gain. I'm so going to regret all this eating when I eventually face those scales.

stowsettler Tue 09-Jul-13 09:26:43

Oh poorpaws sorry for your loss. Similar happened to us recently, it's never nice however long a life they had.

I had a catastrophic weekend, LOADS of booze and barbecue food and even now, 48 hours later I'm still feeling disgusting, and a quick sneaky peek unsurprisingly shows a 3lb gain so far. I have til Friday to get it off but in truth I'll be bloody lucky to get a STS this week.

flatmouse Tue 09-Jul-13 10:23:09

Checking in here. Crunchie hope things start to improve for you soon and enjoy your hols. Paws sorry for your loss. Hope you sort your daft DD out and enjoy your DGD. Welcome newbies and keep going everyone, you're doing great - a couple of fantastic losses this week!

News here is STS this week - was really hoping for 1lb loss so that i was in the "next stone" down. Did have some shopping success and now have 3 skirts (size 12!!!!) to wear to work, and a lovely (size 12 !!! - yes i'll keep saying it wink ) dress (for home). Found some linen blend trousers in M&S which i could get into the size 14s, although snug - but linen does tend to "give a little".

Going into silly season here with kids birthdays, so am going to struggle for next few weeks but will do my best!!

poorpaws Wed 10-Jul-13 00:08:45

Aw it's gone a bit quiet on here, must be the sunshine.

Stow ~ don't worry yourself we've all had "one of those" weekends, it will be fine next week.

Flat ~ size 12 woohoo! Well done you. My size 12s are getting tight again.

My news, well I just keep eating, I can't stop.

I did have a row in Morrisons with the Assistant Manager this week which is sort of WW related. Weeks ago their WW ready meals were reduced to £1 each so i noted the last day of the promotion which was last Sunday, emptied my freezer as much as I possibly could, I made a special journey up to Morrisons and bought 12 boxes (all the same as it's the only one I like). That evening I cooked one as normal with my usual mountain of veg too. It didn't look very good, or smell very nice and when I tasted it I had to spit it out (sorry). Thinking this was a one off I tried again Monday night and the same thing happened so I put the contents in a tupperware container, put the remaining 10 in a freezer bag and took them back. The Assistant Manager was really off with me, said they could have been out of my freezer for hours and that they'd had no other complaints. I asked him to try it (the second one was really off and made me feel quite sick) but he refused and eventually reluctantly gave me a refund with no apology. I immediately went up to Sainsburys bought just one of the same meal and cooked it tonight and it was perfectly good (apart from the fact that it cost me £1.50). I'm sure Morrisons must have had a problem with their freezer and it had been defrosted and refrozen because the sliced potatoes on the top were slimey. The moral of the tale is I most definitely wont be shopping at Morrisons any more! I suppose I could have taken it further too because it was definitely a health hazard and Morrisons could have been fined I've been told.

rightsaidthread Wed 10-Jul-13 11:16:33

I'm still here <waves> 0.5lb off this week but on the plus side i got my 20% weight loss.

Are we still doing the spreadsheet? I can't seem to open the link

flatmouse Wed 10-Jul-13 12:01:43

Well done rightsaidfred - 20% is fab! Link opens fine for me (sorry that's not helpful is it?)

poorpaws - that's not good at all, and i suggest a strongly worded letter to head office! (However on the plus side, if you had eaten it - it may have somewhat accelerated your weight loss, albeit in a horrendous way!!)

pollywollydoodle Wed 10-Jul-13 15:00:37

another half off ,so 4lb from goal....very pleasantly surprised as it has been a bbq and magnums,leave no point unused, kind of week grin
paws that is an awful way to be treated ...write to the company rather than the local store staff and complain?

pollywollydoodle Wed 10-Jul-13 15:02:11

and size 12 and 20% ....whoo--hoo!! thanks thanks

pollywollydoodle Wed 10-Jul-13 15:10:01

capster ww boards are rather polite and ponderous i found..not up to mn social standards wink .good for recipe ideas though
does anyone else use the ww boards?

stowsettler Wed 10-Jul-13 16:58:52

I use the WW boards from time to time also. Wd agree they're not quite as ponderous! I do like the exercise board though.

pollywollydoodle Wed 10-Jul-13 21:36:27

not ventured onto those blush

stowsettler Thu 11-Jul-13 07:25:57

Ponderous? I meant forthright! blush

rightsaidthread Thu 11-Jul-13 20:09:18

Meant to say I'm going it alone from this week, no more classes as my referral has finished and can't afford weekly fees at the moment sad

Going to get a friend to weigh me each week so got to keep the momentum up. 2 stone still to go!!
Think I will keep the app going as find it most helpful

poorpaws Thu 11-Jul-13 22:37:03

<waves back at thread> Good luck with the "going it alone", I think you are very brave. I only missed one class last week and have been eating like a mad woman for two weeks. Can't help thinking if I'd just gone to class last week I might not be on such a road to ruin. I think I'd better go and face the music tomorrow night.

Just promise me Thread that you will still come here. We can all give you loads of support (where is everyone?) and I think you may need it without the motivation of a class. SO DON'T LEAVE US.

Good luck to those with weigh ins tomorrow and where the bloody hell is everyone?

pollywollydoodle Fri 12-Jul-13 00:38:48

i reckon that the yellow ball in the sky has hypnotised them and they have wandered away....angry smile
i'm missing my wi next weds but am determined not to slide over the next fortnight (like i often do)

pollywollydoodle Fri 12-Jul-13 03:24:33

don't know where the angry came from...maybe that's how burnt you get if the sun hypnotises you...

stowsettler Fri 12-Jul-13 09:30:14

I'm still here! thread I agree with paws, definitely keep coming here! It's so nice to have people to talk with about WW, it really keeps me motivated. Good luck with going it alone - you will be fine! Just keep doing what you're doing.

In other news, I STS - phew, that was a bit of a get-out-of-jail-free, quite frankly, after last weekend. Sadly I'm away for 3 days from tomorrow so unlikely to be that healthy. I'll just have to take my exercise gear!

Cappster Fri 12-Jul-13 10:40:26

someone is going to tell me what STS is

I have done a sneaky mid-week weigh and I have lost three pounds. smile

Also I have forgotten lunch so will have to brave the 'delights' of the local shop <quiver>

Cappster Fri 12-Jul-13 10:42:55

oh and I don't go to classes at all because the women there were mental

(are you sensing a theme? I don't actually like people)

they spent all their time working out the Pro Points in really manky ready meals. When I suggested that I'd rather have a Tunnocks Teacake than a Weight Watchers gravel bar cereal bar for the same amount of points, they all just STARED at me

Cappster Fri 12-Jul-13 10:49:18

Aldi choc teacakes, by the way. One point less than Tunnocks. <geek>

stowsettler Fri 12-Jul-13 11:10:26

Cappster, STS = stayed the same.
I'm not fond of the classes either. I went to a SW one just before coming back to good old WW, everything was 'lovely' to the leader:-

"Oooh and Sheila's lost a lovely pound, Dorothy a lovely half-pound, and don't forget to stock up on all the lovely SW choc bars etc etc etc"

It reminded me of a Victoria Wood comedy show, when she's in a 'health retreat' - "Mens Sana in Thingummy Doodah" it's called. Watch it - you will recognise it smile

rightsaidthread Fri 12-Jul-13 22:08:45

I'm deffo staying here, I need all the help I can get.
So far knowing I'm not going to class has had a positive effect and I have so far been extra good.
Surely all the sweating we are doing in this heat will shave a wee bit of weight off wink

poorpaws Fri 12-Jul-13 22:36:37

I didn't want to do it but I had to. I almost crawled to wi (with a huge bar of Galaxy in my hand (and unfortunately going to my mouth)). It was soooo lovely when I eventually walked in. Everyone kept saying "hi granny" and wanted to know all about little one. I admitted to my leader that I seriously expected to gain at least 5lbs and would't have been surprised if it had been more. I gained 1.5lbs and I'm delighted. (So delighted that I finished off the huge Galaxy bar and followed it with a Diam bar). Of course it could show up as another gain next week but just 1.5lbs in two weeks when I've eaten most of the contents of the chocolate, cake and biscuit aisle in the supermarket is nothing short of amazing.

So starting tomorrow I have to be good, very very good and get on track. I have quite a busy week so hopefully I will not be eating quite so much. MUST PLAN, MUST PLAN.

Paws pause for thought ~ fail to plan and plan to fail!

Thread ~ so pleased you are staying with us, I really hope you do. I'm jumping off the naughty wagon so we'll be good together.

Stow ~ I hated SW when I went and only lasted three weeks (and gained 1lb). WW is so much better.

Cappster ~ I'm not keen on people (I'd rather have my dogs) but my WW friends are great but we have been going for a long time so have really got to know each other well. Only four stayed for the meeting this week (I don't stay), it's obviously not doing too well, although plenty weigh and leave I suppose.

Crunchie ~ hope you're have a fantastic holiday in fabulouse Devon (and being good).

Note to self ~ Paws your posts are getting far too long hmm

Can anyone share with me how filling and healthy plan works please smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now