ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

stowsettler Mon 01-Jul-13 17:42:52

Hello I'm a newbie too! Been doing WW for about 3 weeks now. I still have nearly a stone to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Tried SW but it just isn't for me, since being back at WW I've lost nearly half a stone.
smartiespants I've previously lost on WW as well and I ALWAYS exercise. I find that mixing it up as much as possible is the best way to go - your body doesn't get used to any particular exercise and it's more interesting too. I would do aerobics, gym work, Zumba, step, spin, circuits etc etc etc - whatever the gym has to offer.
That said, I'm currently doing the Insanity programme, which does provide a bit of variation between days but it's basically the same sort of stuff. I do try to fit a bit of other stuff in too though.
With WW I tend to stick to dailies Mon-Fri and then basically have Sat / Sun off. I don't count and I'm sure I probably use all my weeklies and a fair few exercise points on those days. I usually still lose though, thanks to all the exercise.

smartiespants Mon 01-Jul-13 18:32:21

wow thanx for that stowsettler i really really really hate exercise haha however i am not incapable of doing it, i suppose mixing it up is good i just cant find the motivation, i have no problem following my points allowance but exercise is my arch enemy haha i just dont know how to get myself motivated!!

stowsettler Mon 01-Jul-13 19:37:21

grin It is hard to get going - I love exercise, but if I've had a bit of time off even I find it really hard to get back into it. But once it's done I feel so great - and after the first time it gets so much easier to keep going. The trick really is to try everything. You'll naturally find some you like and some you don't, but hey that's how it goes.
Points-wise I'm ok during the week, but at weekends I always feel like I've earned a break! I've followed this 80:20 rule for years now and although my weight loss is probably a bit slower than it would be if I just got my head down and dieted 24/7, I find that it stays off much better and I never really completely fall off the wagon.

Champagnecharleyismyname Mon 01-Jul-13 20:43:50

2.5lb off at first weigh-in, hurrah!!

pollywollydoodle Mon 01-Jul-13 21:21:56

well done champagne

i am in a wheelchair and never do more than hand jiving/wii sports/lets dance every now and again and as long as i stick to my 26+49 i lose ,not massively but steadily.

poorpaws Mon 01-Jul-13 22:47:07

Well I turn my back for a second and we have a load of lovely newbies ~ welcome all. There are some very clever and extremely helpful people on here so I'm sure any questions will be answered and the support is second to none.

I'm really pushing my luck (and ramming food into my mouth) with WW this week but it's been so exciting I can't stop eating.

Went to meet my new granddaughter today and she is so lovely and such a good baby. She has a beautiful head of thick dark hair with gorgeous blonde highlights (just looks as if she's been to the hairdressers). Think I'm a bit over the top with her, but madly in love. Note to self ~ Lucy Catherine does not want a fat granny. smile

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 02-Jul-13 07:02:36

Paws lovely name thanks

stowsettler Tue 02-Jul-13 10:09:39

Congrats poorpaws on your new granddaughter, what a lovely name.
Well done champagne, great loss! I am very jealous, I only ever lose about 1lb (see above post about stuffing myself every weekend!!).

OhTheConfusion Tue 02-Jul-13 12:41:15

What a lovely name, congratulations again Poorpaws.

stowsettler Tue 02-Jul-13 18:45:12

Urgh, having a tired / hungry day today. I'm sort of within points, but just can't keep my mind off food. Suspect I'll be in bed by 8pm to prevent snacking sad

poorpaws Tue 02-Jul-13 19:06:58

Oh dear I'm still eating for England. I was determined to get back on track today and had a lot to do. So I've been filling my face all day and done none of the jobs. MUST, must do better tomorrow or can see a 3lb [plus] gain.

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Good luck to all of you who are not cramming food into your mouths and who deserve big losses.

gintastic Tue 02-Jul-13 21:54:59

Hi can I join in here? I'm doing WW to lose the baby weight, DD2 is 7 months old now, so it was about time (I also have DD1 age 5 and DS age 3). I joined 7 weeks ago and have lost 15.5lbs so far - my aim was to lose 20lbs before going back to work on September 10th, but I've hit a black wall of hell this week and stuffed my silly face rotten. I need to lose 5lbs to get to my 10% and I'm just so demotivated. Also need to get Hairy Dieters book - seems to be highly recommended?

smartiespants Tue 02-Jul-13 23:01:30

Hi guys had my first weigh in today and I lost 5 lb couldn't be any happier thanx so much for your advice I have to say just following this thread especially on the peckish days is how I managed to stay on track... So much inspiration so thankyou here's hoping I can keep it up smile

rightsaidthread Wed 03-Jul-13 14:53:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pollywollydoodle Wed 03-Jul-13 14:53:43

meh, sts this week despite being at or under my 49...ah well, will stick to it and hope it shows next week
mutters "4.5 to goal...."

pollywollydoodle Wed 03-Jul-13 14:55:53

well done right and smartie, waves at gin a fellow newbie...

rightsaidthread Wed 03-Jul-13 15:08:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

10storeylovesong Wed 03-Jul-13 18:07:12

Thanks rightsaidthread, I'll get on the site.

I've been reading through and there's some truly inspirational weight losses. I only hope I can be half as successful!

I have another couple of questions if that's ok?

Are people sticking with 29 daily pp or adjusting to 26?
And how to cope with eating out if can't find nutritional info?

stowsettler Wed 03-Jul-13 19:16:03

Well done losers! We visited the in-laws today and had roast pork, gooseberry crumble...mmmm! I think I've stayed within points today even so. I guess I'll find out on Friday morning!

gintastic Wed 03-Jul-13 20:32:14

Well, I stayed the same which is definitely more than I deserve! Back on the strict points counting this week, my downfall is the kids leftovers... Maybe I should cook them horrible food? Only joking, but any tictacs for dealing with the leftovers?!?

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 03-Jul-13 21:36:49

BAd week sad. Been frantically trying to do up my house as tenants left it in a terrible state and new ones moving in next week. Thank goodness for my lovely mum and dad who have been decorating all week. I'm knackered though. Haven't been in before 8 all week as going straight there from work.

Also, there's been a chap missing from my area since he left a bar on Friday night. His body was found earlier this evening and I just feel so sad. I didn't know him but some of my FB friends did. He's 32, just married and worked for one of the big companies here. It's just so bloody sad. He was just trying to get home but his body was found by the railway track - don't know the circumstances yet. But I feel really really sad sad

www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10524719.Body_of_missing_man_Tom_Edwards_found_near_railway_line/

Can I join in. I have done Ww before but pp is new to me. I have three children ds1 8, ds2 7 and ds3 7 weeks. I want to

Lose 3 stone. I've two stone to lose to get to my pre pregnancy weight and an extra stone as I'm getting married next year.

First weigh in last night and I lost 5lbs grin

10storeylovesong Thu 04-Jul-13 09:41:16

Hi beaut!

Woodenpeg Thu 04-Jul-13 09:56:30

gin tip a bit of water on the leftovers, or anything that makes it less appealing!

I'm officially under 200lbs! THRILLED to be honest. Stuggle, but now fully lost 21lbs. WHOOOOP.

Really enjoying piri piri chicken salad at the mo, really simple. Also loving the gym again... and people are noticing.

I'M ON FIRE!!!!!! grin Come on people, we can DO IT! <<<VIBES>>>

Hey newbies (I'm quite new too) and crunchies that is really sad....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now