2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

OhTheConfusion Fri 28-Jun-13 09:07:37

Sorry I posted too soon.
I get a better loss when I use my weeklies (I use around 40 of them).

I had my first PT session yesterday... I hurt from head to toe today hmm, I have found muscles I didn't know I had!

NewYorkDeli Fri 28-Jun-13 15:29:14

Thank you OhTheConfusion that makes sense now. Devastated as I love Indian! May give it a miss and go for a chow mein from the local Chinese.

First weigh in today. Lost 3lb! Very happy. Hoping for 2lb at least next week.

pollywollydoodle Fri 28-Jun-13 23:07:08

isn't dupiaza the one based on loads and loads of fried onions cooked down (yum blush ) i suspect that's why it is high....a lot of balti houses round here will use reduced ghee if you ask...doesn't seem to affect the taste

pollywollydoodle Fri 28-Jun-13 23:09:13

33 today..18 weeklies so far(on choc so far blush )

NewYorkDeli Sat 29-Jun-13 00:06:52

Yes polly it's packed with onions. It's fab, particularly with half of my DP's korma blush sticking with a chow mein, know where I am with that.

Speaking of chow mein, how do you point it? 8pp seems too low for a takeaway portion?

poorpaws Sat 29-Jun-13 01:02:16

Wi tonight and I've lost one and a half pounds so after my three pounds loss last week I'm pleased. Had stayed the same for so long I thought I would never lose the Christmas pounds BUT I'm now in the 9s. OK so it's 9st 13lbs but it's still a 9 and that's what I've been looking forward to seeing on the scales for months. I'm not much bothered about losing now, just as long as I stay in the 9s and don't gain (though I've eaten for England tonight) I'm happy.

Good luck with wi to all. xx Happy Paws xx

pollywollydoodle Sat 29-Jun-13 05:43:59

well done paws I've been stuck too..have been frustrated with myself

on esource it gives tesco healthy option chicken chow mein as 8 per portion and the veg version as 7. Do you think it's 8 for a sensible (sad )portion of takeaway rather than the whole carton

SageYourResoluteOracle Sat 29-Jun-13 08:36:41

Morning everyone! How has everyone's week been?

Weigh day for me today & I've lost 5lbs this week! Am flabbergasted as I've had the odd treat and used every last one of my points. In fact, I think I've probably got a bit of a points overdraft from last night's chocolate and wine so I'll have to watch this week.

I feel so much better in myself though: more energetic and far less sluggish! So, I'm now 13 stone on the nose. My jeans are 16's but have started falling down: size 14 here I come!!! DD turns two in ten days- my goal was to break the 13 stone barrier by then so here's hoping!

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 29-Jun-13 13:05:43

Well done Sage, keep it going. thanks

SageYourResoluteOracle Sat 29-Jun-13 15:12:24

Thanks, addicted! wine

pollywollydoodle Sat 29-Jun-13 23:30:08

yay sage! what have you done differently?
birthday party today...have gone 12 over i reckon (in cake grin ), so 30 weeklies gone. Meal out tomorrow. can't see me losing another 3.5lb but still aiming to come in under 49 and for a loss.

OhTheConfusion Sun 30-Jun-13 08:41:42

Well done everyone this week, Sage that is fab!

I am off out for brunch... help!

AddictedtoCrunchies Sun 30-Jun-13 11:18:14

Confusion you'll be fine. Just make good choices.

poorpaws Sun 30-Jun-13 11:47:01

So my non WW related news is <drumroll>

I'm a granny smile

My daughter had a daughter at 12.51 am, weighing nearly 8 lbs.

It's very good news in the paws household because we have a history of never seeing our grandchildren. I didn't see any of mine and sadly my mum died suddenly three months before daughter was born.

I'm megga excited though very tired because I've been up worrying for two nights (long hard labour). I'm hoping to meet her either later today or tomorrow but thanks to technology have a photo on my phone. Shes dark, very hairy with chubby cheeks but pretty. I don't know her name yet but there's a shortlist.

In WW related news I've not stopped eating day or night due to stress, being over tired and worry. Very very happy Paws. x <must diet tomorrow>

OhTheConfusion Sun 30-Jun-13 14:19:08

Hip hip hooray PoorPaws!
Huge congratulations!!! All celebratory champagne is pp's free and anything you have over eaten will be worked off with nervous energy and excitement!!!

Crunchie, I had grilled bacon, grilled mushrooms and toast. It was really yummy and I still feel in control smile.

pollywollydoodle Sun 30-Jun-13 14:59:34

Aw congratulations Paws...a baby without the sleep deprivation..perfect! smile
Well done confusion...thats my kind of brunch...I have to negotiate a pub meal in a non pointed chain tonight...just have to try and be sensible...no chips and diet cokes all round, i think...still it's what weeklies are for ..

poorpaws Sun 30-Jun-13 22:40:42

polly ~ without sleep deprivation. I've had two full nights up worrying and my neighbour said tonight I look like a ghost.

Not pointed today, eaten a load of chocolate and other rubbish. After I'd been to daughter's house to feed their animals I was starving so went to Macdonalds. It's the first time in over a year since I've been and was very nice, but I was still hungry. Eating ice cream now but having a full day/week off WWs.

pollywollydoodle Sun 30-Jun-13 23:14:21

ah paws i missed that bit...sleep deprivation is crap...that's when i find it hardest to stick to my points.
i have no idea of the points in what i ate at the pub this eve. i was restrained with crab cakes and a big salad, unfortunately i was then still hungry so i succumbed to a lemon cheesecake with a scoop of ice cream. i had 11 dailies and 21 weeklies left so should be ok. i'll count my weeklies as gone i think.

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 01-Jul-13 09:25:28

Paws wine wine wine

Many many congratulations. Give her a sniff for me..I love that lovely newborn smell.

10storeylovesong Mon 01-Jul-13 11:35:30

Hi everyone, can I please join you? I currently have nearly 4 stone to lose after having my baby boy in Feb 13 weeks prem, and falling into the trap of convenience and comfort foods. He's now home and doing well and I have no more excuses! I joined Ww online last night and so glad to have found this thread as have very little will power and could do with the support. (Also very pleased to see the points for Hd cookbook as love their recipes and have planned this weeks meals around them!).

10storeylovesong Mon 01-Jul-13 12:17:40

Quick question to those using the app... Does anyone know how you change WI day on the app?

flatmouse Mon 01-Jul-13 14:42:16

Paws congrats smile Welcome newbies! Sorry 10 i have no idea - just had a quick look and nothing obvious is jumping out at me.

WI today, lost 1lb smile Was hoping for more after no change last week, but i've not exactly been trying that hard! Really do need to kick myself into it again, as i'm 7oz off the 11's now - desperate for that milestone to be passed!

My "new" belt from Next - which i had to buy as jeans falling down, was bought a few weeks ago and size M was just about OK. Now size M has two holes left.... guess the hula-ing is helping!! Need to do a measure again next week. (Only measure every 5-6 weeks).

Went for trial jog/walk on Friday to test out well-rested calf. It's not playing ball. So will continue to rest it while doing heel raises/drops off the stairs to try to strengthen the achilles/calf area and hope for the best. It's getting to the point that the Brum 1/2 won't be achievable (not enough training time left) if i can't get going again soon sad

smartiespants Mon 01-Jul-13 15:32:15

Hi all, Im brand new to this site, I have been in WW before and lost 1st7lb however that was nearly two years ago and need to get myself back in gear, im almost finished week 1 ( weigh in tomorrow)

I have to say there are some inspirational stories here i hope i can posts some in the near future.

My first question.......do many of you exercies or do you just stick within your points, if you do exercise what activities do you find are most beneficial??

Neeko Mon 01-Jul-13 15:35:47

Congrats Paws. What lovely news thanks thanks

myBOYSareBONKERS Mon 01-Jul-13 16:34:34

Hi

I went to Frankie and Bennys at lunch and had their lighter spag bog. Any ideas what the PP will be?

also does anyone else find that the eating out guide is not very accurate?

Harvester publish their nutritional values for their meals and on working them out the eating out guide has underestimated loads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now