2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

Hilssinger Sun 12-May-13 15:17:52

Hi all, new to this, do you mind if I join? I started WW last week, got 70lbs to lose so going to take me a while but seem to have got my head round a lifestyle change and not a quick fix (previously did Lighter Life and all came back on) Lost 2.5 lbs this week so slow and steady will be the way.. Thanks for reading smile

flatmouse Mon 13-May-13 10:39:31

CRAP CRAP CRAP
WI this morning and i have PUT ON 1.5lbs sad so fed up! I'll admit i've had 4 days of eating out/drinking, but I tracked the lot and was within weeklies and exercise was around normal (a little higher but not majorly).
Really fed up because i was on track for the 2 stone barrier by holiday - now i'm 5.5lbs off - and unlikely to loose 5.5lbs in 2 weeks at this stage. Poo.

So - making sure i go back to basics this week. Everything will be weighed and measured. Will aim to eat half to two-thirds weeklies. Very frustrating.

Welcome newbies.

Paws put a crunchie line under your frenzie - that might be all that was needed to kick start you. Very frustrating when WI doesn't decrease - but i'm not loosing every week now - if i look at my stats though, even with this weeks disappointment i am averaging > 1lb loss a week.

PiHigh Mon 13-May-13 11:37:54

Well I lost 2lbs this week smile. Sorry to those of you that have gained.

Doretaball I usually have some Ryvita for snacks - with banana on top if I'm hungry. I know I'm a snack-er so I tend to try and cut down the points in meals so I can snack iykwim. Say we're having roast dinner, I'll have it with swede mash rather than potatoes which saves me some points.

Mullinsamy Mon 13-May-13 22:48:41

Hello to you all, I have been doing WW since Jan and have lost 31lbs so far (would have been 32 but had a frustrating gain this week). I was shocked when I found it easier to quit smoking (10 year 20 a day habit), than give up excess food. It really shocked me. Anyway, WW seems to be a great tool. I have 54lbs more to lose before May 2014 wedding, and actually beginning to believe I can do this. It's fab you all support each other x

OhTheConfusion Tue 14-May-13 00:57:33

Hello everyone, I am back and ready to get on it this week.
Firstly I have not caught up on the whole thread but I am so sorry Jazz, having been there I understand your excitement and upset. I have every faith it will happen, just give it time and enjoy the practicing!

The past three weeks have been quite horrid and I honestly have no idea how I am WW wise as I have ate lots, ate nothing, cried myself dry and felt completely frustrated. However last night my very brave cousin asked if I would join her in the Scottish half marathon 2013. We will be running to raise funds for Brain Tumor Research. I could not hold my head up and run alongside Aidan's mummy and aunts if I did not give it my all so I have dug out the trainers, dusted off the cook books and charged up the i pod...this confused lady is going to learn how to run!

If I whinge, moan or get off task I want you all to remind me why I am doing this. It has nothing to do with a smaller waist or a perkier bottom... I am doing this to help complete the fundraising that Aidan began before he lost his long and bravely fought battle aged 4 years and 11 months old.

All hints and tips are greatly appreciated... I am NOT A NATURAL RUNNER!

backinaminute Tue 14-May-13 07:15:33

Confusion- I am so sorry for your loss and I think what you're doing is amazing. I can't imagine what it has (and still must be) like.thanks

3 months ago I hadn't ever run (I prided myself on the fact that I ha blagged my way out of cross country throughout the whole of secondary school).

As part of getting slimmer as fitter I started c25k. I did it ever other day which gave room for something coming up and missing a day and completed the programme about 2 weeks ago, 9 weeks after I stated. I went from really struggling to run 60 seconds to being able to run for 30 minutes. I used the nhs choices podcasts and I really really recommend them. Honestly, if I can do it anyone can. Good luck and a half marathon is achievable grin

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 14-May-13 11:19:52

Confusion have a look on our weightloss spreadsheet. The C25k is on there with a schedule - I'm currently in the last couple of weeks with some friends helping them run the Race for Life on 2 June. Running is an amazing thing to do and if you have a purpose it's even better.

I'm sorry for your loss of Aidan, poor little munch but am proud of you for taking on the challenge. Is it this one on 6 October in Glasgow??

You are going to be AMAZING!

jazzcat28 Tue 14-May-13 16:36:37

confusion what an inspiring way to remember poor little Aiden and hopefully try to get something positive out of such a negative time in your life. I am not a runner either but know many people including friends in RL who think couch to 25k is life changing. I know you can do it, well done for signing up!

Welcome to the newbies - as you will see already this thread is so much more than just about WW, we are a great support to each other and I can honestly say that this thread and the WW app alone have been key to my WW success this year.

I'm looking forward to dinner tonight of fish and chips - birds eye battered fish 7pp, sweet potato fries baked in the oven with fry light 5pp, portion of peas 2pp.

My scales at home show me in the 13st bracket which hadn't happened for over 2yrs so fingers crossed the WW scaled agree on sat!

TWinklyLittleStar Tue 14-May-13 18:24:01

Hi everyone. I didn't post after my first week because I was too ashamed at having GAINED a pound in my first week. I've missed a fair bit it seems, so apologies to who I miss out but confusion I'm so sorry for your loss. Best of luck with the race training. Jazzcat sorry about your period coming, but it is very early days, do try to find something else to focus on or it'll drive you barmy. (to be fair after almost 2 years ttc no.1 I'm actually far less obsessed now than I was at the beginning, so I do know how you feel)

Anyway I feel I can hold my head up now as I lost 5lbs tonight! I think hormones make some of the difference, but whatever the reason I feel really pleased.

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 14-May-13 19:50:13

Well done Twinkly. Remember you never need to feel blush here. We'll be here no matter what thanks

TWinklyLittleStar Tue 14-May-13 19:53:12

Thanks crunchies, that's really kind of you. Hope you have a good week.

Hi everyone, not been here for a week or so sad

I gained 2lb last week, probably because I ate loads of choccy biscuits!

Well done on all the weight losses. grin

Jazz, sorry to hear your news, I know the feeling, but keep trying wink

Can I ask about the calculator. When you put the fat in, is it total fat or just saturated fat that you calculate? Thanks smile

Confusion, just read your post, so sorry for your loss sad

jazzcat28 Tue 14-May-13 21:01:30

mummytowillow it's the total fat content you put in the calculator

twinkly well done! I sometimes find that one week I lose nothing or very little and the next I lose more, guess it's just balancing out. As long as you're going in the right direction you'll be onto a winner!

Haven't posted raved about a HD recipe in ages.... DH makes our roast dinner on a Sunday and is fully converted to the HD roast pork. It is LUSH. I would thoroughly recommend it. Tastes very luxurious for not that many points. I have with a portion of potatoes 'roasted' in the oven in Fry Light, heaps of veg and 1 Aunt Bessie's yorkie pud for 1pp. Yum!

DH away quite a bit next week so might indulge and cook myself the HD prawn coconut curry. I love it - quick and v tasty but DH not too keen.

backinaminute Tue 14-May-13 21:50:17

Still plodding along here. Trying to be good as have a weekend away coming up.

Funny you should say about HD recipes jazz, today I've batch cooked the chilli (quadrupled it), it was like school dinners but the freezer is stocked. We are camping at the weekend so taking it with us - DP wants to get crusty bread and cheese to go with it sad - not sure I have the will to resist. Also, it's going to rain so I think there will be copious alcohol to limp me throughgrin

I am aiming to stay the same. If I'm honest I have reached a point where I feel l would like to maintain for a bit just to see how it works in real life, if that makes sense?

I've still got a stone to go to get to where I wanted to be and 10lbs to get my bmi under 25 but I'm the slimmest I've ever been and feel good for it. I'm in a bit of a quandary with it all to be honest so we will see.

OhTheConfusion Tue 14-May-13 23:00:33

Thanks everyone, you really are all just lovely!
Yes Crunchie, it is the Glasgow 1/2 marathon... October 6th is a mere 20 weeks on Sunday. Are you joining us?!?

Well I faced the music this morning and have gained a whopping 4lbs sad . Onwards and upwards. C to 25k begins tomorrow morning!

poorpaws Tue 14-May-13 23:30:17

Aw just typed and no idea where its gone, silly me.

Confusion ~ just want to add my love and thoughts to everyone elses. You'll be amazing, I know you will do well with the running, you are so focused at the moment.

Well done to the losers and never mind to the gainers, you'll probably lose next week.

Me, well I'm hobbling along eating my chocolate and probably gaining instead of maintaining but I've felt so ill all week I don't much care. I've felt so much better today that I've been out clothes shopping and cafe hopping to celebrate smile. I'm so very grateful to feel better.

Have a good week everyone.

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 15-May-13 07:01:17

Confusion I'm thinking about it. But already doing one here the week after and yours would involve a plane trip. But never say never wink

OhTheConfusion Wed 15-May-13 08:28:47

Thanks Poorpaws.
Go for it Crunchie, you could join us!

flatmouse Wed 15-May-13 08:42:03

Confusion hope your training goes well, we're all here supporting you.
I've got half a thought regarding the Brum one which is two weeks after - not sure if i'm brave enough! Did first 5km on Monday (still doing run/walk but did 9/2) - doing it again tonight.
backin very brave camping in this!! Think of all the calories your body will be burning trying to keep warm wink.
Jazz we've not done a HD for a while either, although for a quick version of their chilli/ginger salmon (ok, nothing like but was delicious and theirs gave me the idea), i marinated my salmon in soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Very nice! May try with chicken/king prawns/etc.

rightsaidthread Wed 15-May-13 10:56:26

Just checking in with a half pound loss this week, not too disappointed with that as its pmt from hell week.

Going to read the posts from this week now x

MadameCoco Thu 16-May-13 09:31:34

Hi all. I would like to join this thread if I may, please. I returned to WW yesterday after a winter hiatus and not surprisingly gained the weight I lost last year, and more besides. I am feeling quite motivated at the moment, but this is my first day and in the past I have always struggled with keeping the momentum going.
I am also doing the C25K and am about to go for a run now - but I don't know how to track this as exercise points. Does anyone know how to do this? I am on W2R2...
TIA

flatmouse Thu 16-May-13 12:00:50

Welcome MadameCoco come on here and we'll help you keep the momentum going!
Re tracking the runs, I tend to log it as Run, slow jog (think that is there), and put in total time. It doesn't seem to get you any more points than a slow work - but as far as i'm concerned, i try not to use my exercise points so it doesn't matter too much!
Good luck!

flatmouse Thu 16-May-13 12:01:20

walk not work ! (D'oh)

TWinklyLittleStar Thu 16-May-13 12:46:06

Hi MadameCoco! Well done all the runners. Just as soon as this chest infection clears I'll be back to it, honest.

On Monday I have my leaving drinks from my old job. I've already logged the beers I intend to drink and my dinner (wetherspoons ham egg & chips comes in at a surprisingly low 18pp) on Monday's tracker, so I can party like it's 1999 and still come in under my weeklies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now