oh help - low fat takeaway ideas please

(15 Posts)
MumOeufMonsters Fri 10-Apr-09 16:48:27

invited some friends over on sunday and was going to do us all a roast but they and DH have decided to have takeaway(assuming any are open on easter sunday!!)

what is v low fat/cals and not too spicy from either indian or chinese?

compo Fri 10-Apr-09 17:07:18

Indian - anything tomatoey not creamy, no extras like naan bread or samasoas
Chinese - boiled rice instead of egg fried rice, something like chicken and rice maybe

enjoy smile

Battycat Fri 10-Apr-09 17:48:43

Indian Takeaway:Tandoori chicken - chicken tikka without sauce.Not a creamy sauce like chicken tikka masala or chicken korma - if sauce get tomato based.No naan bread or poppadoms just plain rice.

Chinese Takeaway:Stir fry of chicken and veg.King prawn and steamed vegetables.Chow mein.No sticky sauces or prawn balls.Again plain (not special fried) rice.

hippipotamiHasLost15Pounds Fri 10-Apr-09 17:51:01

I had a lovely low fat indian takeaway last week, I had tandoori chicken (so no sauce), plain boiled rice and a side order of sag aloo (boiled potatoes with spinach)
It was delicious!

Lovemyshoes Fri 10-Apr-09 18:19:43

I would second the tandoori chicken, or just get pieces of chicken tikka if you don't like taking meat off the bone. I used to it quite often when doing weightwatchers.

hippipotamiHasLost15Pounds Fri 10-Apr-09 18:22:59

I asked the takeaway to take the meat off the bone - they did, no problems smile

MadameCastafiore Fri 10-Apr-09 18:24:32

Chicken shaslik (spelt something like that)

Chicken Balti is supposed to be pretty low fat too.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 10-Apr-09 18:37:47

char sui pork or roast pork chinese style is 4.5points on ww or chicken thai style(but spicey) or chicken and pineapple/mushrooms are both low

i had this every week and lost weight when i did ww

boiled rice instead of fried rice

MumOeufMonsters Fri 10-Apr-09 20:25:53

sorry i had to go ! Thank you for replies can't believe i am panicing about this!

They only do fried rice at my local chinese but thank you for suggestions, tandorri chicken just chicken and no sauce? IS it spicy? I am not really a fan of curry anyway tbh, i can manage a bhuna (sp?) but even thats a bit hit and miss!

Bunch Fri 10-Apr-09 20:27:04

On slimming world I had a beef chow mein every week cos that was the lowest in syns. It was 8.5 syns a couple of years ago.

MumOeufMonsters Fri 10-Apr-09 21:07:16

and how many syns can you have a day?

i would normally choose chicken chow mein tbh

suwoo Fri 10-Apr-09 21:08:23

Chicken chow mein is 7.5 WW points.

MumOeufMonsters Fri 10-Apr-09 21:17:09

thank you

WIll have half a chicken chow mein then - phew that's all ok!

megzzz Sun 17-Apr-16 20:04:51

Trying to find out if prawn equal syns please

Racheyg Mon 18-Apr-16 18:54:03

Turkish. Have the chicken shish with rice and salad and low fat yogurt for sauce. Super yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now