XLS Medical weight loss pills -anyone tried these

(8 Posts)
Moanranger Sun 06-Nov-16 17:17:05

I have seen these advertised, but wondering if anyone has any experience of using these. If so, did you have any side effects & how did you deal with them?

bear28 Tue 08-Nov-16 00:20:45

I tried these a few months ago for two months. They say it is a good non prescription alternative and people have had different results but from my experience I did not get anywhere with them. They made me very gassy but other than that there were no side effects and no weight loss.

SugarNspiceNallThingsNice Tue 08-Nov-16 14:18:06

I got given these from my doctor and all I can say is they didn't do anything apart from give me wind. I think they didn't have much of an effect because I wasn't eating too much fat. My mother is losing a pound or two a week and having good results with them though

Moanranger Tue 08-Nov-16 17:25:26

Thanks for the info. I. Came across an old Mumsnet thread subsequent to posting this. It was from 2012, and the product has been re-formulated since. The consensus seemed to be they worked for some & not others. Also there is an issue with fake, cheap versions on the market that are ineffective.
I tried Alli a few years ago but felt absolutely dreadful on it, so I wanted some info before buying.
I bought a 10 day supply from Boots today, so should be authentic. No wind, so far, although my tum feels a bit off. I will report back.

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 08-Nov-16 22:46:25

I've been using them intermittently - the instructions are to take them half an hour before eating and I don't always remember tbh.

The problem with them is as you don't know how much you would have lost had you NOT taken them, it's a bit of an exercise in blind faith.

They do make you quite farty and have a couple of times seemed to make my tummy feel a bit 'off' but not enough to worry me. I'm operating on a "all the help I can get" strategy!

I'm calorie counting on 1300 a day using MFP and normally hit the target. I relax a bit at weekends which is slowing me down a bit but I'm averaging about a pound a week. It's a slow downward trend, anyway.

Moanranger Tue 08-Nov-16 23:00:21

Thanks, Lady. Just finished first day & notable lack of hunger, which is a huge problem for me normally, so these may give me the boost I need. I have a basal metabolism of 1400 so I need to keep at or below 1000 (ideally 900) to lose. This is very difficult to keep up, so if XLS binds about 1/4 of my calorie intake, it may allow me to keep intake low enough to lose. I walk 20-25 mi a week, but this does not make much difference.
So far, minimal side-effects & no excess wind.

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 09-Nov-16 03:59:25

That's good to hear. From my research they seem very much a "your mileage may vary" product.
One other thing - they can bung you up a bit so make sure you drink plenty of water/ eat fibre! wink

Moanranger Fri 18-Nov-16 13:28:38

Well, interesting. I did a 10 day trial, dropped a few pounds nothing spectacular. Seemed to reduce my appetite, but sometimes not so much.

End of day 10, something of a sea change. Felt really full on not much, and appetite really fell away, so effect seems to accumulate. Side effects v minor.
So on that basis, I am going to continue & hope for gradual long term loss.
This may be the ticket.
We shall see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now