I feel like I'm a fat ugly unwanted hippo

(22 Posts)
Mysticstar13 Mon 31-Oct-16 17:42:34

I'm about 16st I'm ashamed of my self on how I look and I constantly feel down about it, iv been to the docs for help in trying to lose weight but even after seeing a dietitian, had bloods done and tried weight loss tablets from the doc, and joined the gym I still can't lose any. I hate myself in how I look, it's even started effecting my marriage cause iv no confidance in myself anymore after I got called a beast by some kids outside the local shop.

I eat next to nothing, some days I don't even bother cause I'm scared of putting on more weight, I have never done much exercise but even after joining the gym after 3 months of an hour a day I gave up, iv no friends to help or support me and I really don't know what to do, I can't continue like this anymore. I'm ashamed to even be seen out with my kids. Iv never enough hours in the day lately to do anything for me cause I'm always either on school runs or dropping off / picking up the kids. I am lazy at times but iv just no get up and go in me.

StealthPolarBear Mon 31-Oct-16 17:43:59

I'm sorry sad
It sounds like you are lonely and depressed and have low self esteem

IonaNE Mon 31-Oct-16 21:29:57

OP, how are you eating? If you can't lose weight, your calorie intake must be higher than what you "spend". Your body can't make energy out of nothing.

Mysticstar13 Mon 31-Oct-16 22:19:01

I only eat once a day, if that, I normally make everything homemade for the kids, tonight they had stew, ( all fresh veg ) I couldn't face it by the time it was ready, tomorrow it will be shepherds pie.

Daisiespurple Fri 04-Nov-16 08:56:15

Download my fitness pal app and try to work out how many calories you are consuming.

The 5:2 diet will suit you well with fast results. There is a thread especially especially for 5:2 so come and join us there

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/fasting_diet/2769147-5-2-Thread-No-66-If-you-shaved-legs-pits-but-the-scales-still-screamed-Ow-Get-off-then-join-our-friendly-group-for-a-new-approach

FaithAscending Fri 04-Nov-16 08:59:54

Could you do a food diary to show what you're eating? It sounds like you're hardly eating at all?

dontcrynow Fri 04-Nov-16 09:09:48

Try the low carb diet. I could never lose weight despite not over eating but since going low carb the weight is gradually coming off - slowly, but Im losing about pound a week

Mysticstar13 Fri 04-Nov-16 19:45:55

Iv had a look at that my fitness app and I'm struggling to hit 1000 calories a day some days it's as low as 500. My average day consists of
Up at 6, get girls up, sort girls out, drive to school, come home, pick boy up, take him to school, get home about 9.30 am, clean up, sort bedrooms, kitchen etc, do other chores, 2pm set back of on double school run. Get home for 4, sort tea, take boy to ma, drop girls at there class, pick boy up, pick girls up. Now got to about 8.30 get home, sort kids, and collapse on sofa. Then reapeat ......some times in between I might grab a cuppa

Mamamamiaa Fri 04-Nov-16 19:48:56

You hardly eat! How did you get to be 16 stones?!!!

FaithAscending Fri 04-Nov-16 19:51:35

Did they check your thyroid? What do you drink (aside from tea)?

blueskyinmarch Fri 04-Nov-16 19:53:04

When you say you hardly eat are you counting in milky/sugary drinks like tea, coffee, coke etc? Do you grab a biscuit here and a bit off the kids plates there? No one eats 500 cals each day and doesn't lose weight. Have the doctors ruled out any health issues?

FrickOnAStick Fri 04-Nov-16 20:01:54

Are you definitely logging accurately, getting your portion sizes right and counting all of those little thing like cans of pop and milk in your tea?

Definitely ruled out health issues which could be affecting your weight? Any medications that could be keeping the weight on?

FrickOnAStick Fri 04-Nov-16 20:03:12

Ah, sorry. Realise I've pretty much paraphrased pp.

Mysticstar13 Mon 07-Nov-16 17:49:16

I drink coffee white 1 sugar, I have about 6 cups all day, I don't eat biscuits cause I don't buy them same with crisps, cakes n stuff. ( my kids aren't allowed it ) I did drink a lot of Diet Coke but iv totally cut that out as well, iv been round about the same weight now for the last 6yrs, the docs have done my bloods and found nothing, but I do have the implant in, otherwise no meds. I don't nibble off the kids plates, so far today iv had 3 cups of coffee and that's it. Portion size I normally have about the same amount as the kids, yesterday I had 5 roast spuds with some cauliflower and broc.

chanel223 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:34:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

QuiteLikely5 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:37:07

I would get the implant taken out

WhatsGoingOnEh Tue 08-Nov-16 21:37:37

Did you gain weight after having the implant put in?

Mysticstar13 Wed 09-Nov-16 20:50:06

Thinking about it yes, iv got to make an appointment with the hospital to see about being sterilised before I can have it taken out

WhatsGoingOnEh Fri 11-Nov-16 00:48:09

Could your partner not get a vasectomy? It's much less invasive. Mine had it done and it was just 15 minutes in the surgery, local anaesthetic, back home - sorted.

WhatsGoingOnEh Fri 11-Nov-16 00:51:05

Or, just get the implant removed and your DH can wear a condom. It's unreasonable for you to have to suffer this amount of stress, insecurity and health risks just for one method of contraception.

You could remove the implant and go on the pill. Or have a copper (non-hormonal) coil.

The more I hear about the implant, the less I like it.

Mysticstar13 Fri 18-Nov-16 21:05:07

Doctors and hospitals are a bit of a problem when it comes to my hubby - he will not go anywhere near them, even when he's poorly he will not go no matter what but luckily he's very rarely ill. The coil I can't have, the pill failed me twice. If I could have the lot out I would. But by the looks of it I think it could be the implant that's causing all this.

user1474894224 Wed 30-Nov-16 15:01:09

For a start you are not a hippo. You are an amazing mum who is looking after everyone else. Now it's time to start looking after yourself. I'm not a doctor....but in my humble opinion....you are eating so little your body has gone into starvation mode where it desperately keeps hold of every calorie you give it. You need to eat more.... around 1500-2000 calories. Get back to the gym, it will help your mood and self esteem. Forget the weight loss there just focus on getting better at what you do. Then find a diet club like slimming world or weight watchers where there will be others to motivate you on the journey. The instructor will have seen it all before and will be able to help. Come back to this thread whenever you want some help, we are all here. Good luck. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now