Mental carb battle. Lean in 15?

(5 Posts)
Teapot101 Tue 27-Sep-16 08:48:53

I have been eating low carb for a month and have lost a stone. I know this rate of weight loss cannot continue. I'm consuming around 1200 calories a day. Running 5k 3X week and weight training (very low weights. v. unfit) 3X week. I am worried that I am not taking on enough calories and am petrified of "starvation mode" I am looking at Lean in 15, but it seems like a lot of calories. Has anyone done Lean in 15 and NOT lost weight? or v. little weight? Also with limited sugars in my diet my appetite is much lower which I'm v. happy about. ANy ideas anyone? I know it would be healthier to lose weight more slowly but it is the weight loss that motivates me.

Teapot101 Tue 27-Sep-16 14:49:19

Bump

FurryDogMother Tue 27-Sep-16 14:53:34

I'm low carbing too - if i were you I'd just eat more low carb foods, no need to restrict your calorie intake, I don't, and the weight's falling off of me. I don't know what 'Lean in 15' is, but the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to find a way of eating you can sustain for life, not just until you're thinner. Add in an avocado, or a couple of hard boiled eggs, eat some cheese (I always carry Babybels in case of emergencies!).

vvmama92 Sun 02-Oct-16 20:00:21

I can't advise you on low-carbing as it isn't something I can do, but you're definitely not eating enough calories. 1200 plus exercise is ridiculously low. I know it's the standard my fitness pal recommendation but, honestly, it isn't enough. Eat more veggies and beans for healthy calories. I always eat high-carb low fat and find it the best way for me - my MIL had huge success with Lean in 15, though.

vvmama92 Sun 02-Oct-16 20:00:29

I can't advise you on low-carbing as it isn't something I can do, but you're definitely not eating enough calories. 1200 plus exercise is ridiculously low. I know it's the standard my fitness pal recommendation but, honestly, it isn't enough. Eat more veggies and beans for healthy calories. I always eat high-carb low fat and find it the best way for me - my MIL had huge success with Lean in 15, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now