Paul McKenna - I Can Make you Thin

(12 Posts)
Limurz Mon 26-Sep-16 19:16:22

I've had the book for ages but it has never really 'clicked' for me. Has anyone had any success using this method? The theory makes a lot of sense to me
Just not sure about putting it all into practice!

Limurz Wed 28-Sep-16 07:44:38

No-one? Ok best crack open the book and find out for myself!

acornsandnuts Wed 28-Sep-16 07:46:05

I'm sure there's a full thread on PAul McKenna. I'll go and look for you.

hormental Wed 28-Sep-16 07:48:34

Read it last week. Crap

ageingrunner Wed 28-Sep-16 07:54:24

When I first read it, the idea of stopping eating when you receive a full signal from your stomach was something I'd never heard about or been taught before. It was an amazing idea to me and started a long journey of getting my eating problems sorted out (journey still continues)
I understand my eating behaviours so much better than I did in the past. I've read a LOT of books on the subject now, but this was the first.
I can't stand Paul McKenna's smarmy voice though so didn't listen to the cd.

acornsandnuts Wed 28-Sep-16 07:56:05

Here you go. It's no longer being posted on but some interesting comments to read through for you. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/2617269-who-wants-to-join-us-in-a-new-paul-mckenna-thread?pg=3&order=

oklumberjack Wed 28-Sep-16 07:58:32

Paul McKenna makes sense to me but it never clicked with me.

However, (the same principle) I have an app called The Easy Loss virtual Gastric band. I've never got into the habit of listening but I belong to the Facebook group where hundreds of 'proper' people post their success stories (and ask for help with failures). I've seen people drop half their body weight. I do believes it really works for some.

I lost half a stone while listening to Paul McKenna a few years back. I stopped listening due to an stressful house nice and haven't gone back. I really should.

Limurz Wed 28-Sep-16 08:28:06

Thanks acorns I will have a read through the thread. Lumberjack I keep hearing about the Easyloss App - I'll check it out! Thanks everyone, it makes so much sense to listen to your body's signals. I know from bittet experience that diets only work for me whilst I am actually on them - as soon as I stop, weight back on with an extra few pounds as a 'bonus'!!

Limurz Wed 28-Sep-16 08:29:33

Hormental interested to know why you thought it was crap - apart from McKenna's cringey voice that is!

cherrytree63 Tue 11-Oct-16 22:59:17

I read the book, listened to the CD a few times.
It was one of the things that helped me lose more than 3 stones; only eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're full.
Learning to recognise those feelings wasn't easy!

cherrytree63 Tue 11-Oct-16 23:04:55

I read the book, listened to the CD a few times.
It was one of the things that helped me lose more than 3 stones; only eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're full.
Learning to recognise those feelings wasn't easy!

bettybiggestballs Wed 19-Oct-16 15:14:13

I've downloaded the app and today is my first day - I've totally lost touch with myself and food, smashing food into my face as fast as i can and eating until I feel ill - not ideal. Hoping that this resets me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now