New week, new start.

(11 Posts)
Letmesleepalready Mon 26-Sep-16 05:30:36

I've been meaning to lose weight all year (well longer) but instead the weight has crept on and on.
So this weekend I bought some exercise DVDs, and I really want to eat so much healthier. I'm also thinking of doing a month free alcohol.
I've got at least 15kgs to lose, and a massive belly to shrink!
Today is officially my first day. (And hopefully my last first day too!)

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 26-Sep-16 06:12:53

Me too! Starting again (again again) as I keep doing really well and then splurging all weekend!

Letmesleepalready Mon 26-Sep-16 07:04:41

Starting the morning with left over soup. It's actually nice and warming and probably more filling than my usual cereals.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 26-Sep-16 09:33:49

Soup for breakfast?! Sounds errr.....delicious?confused
You have reminded me though, I have lots of veg to use and I was going to get the soup maker out! Lunch sorted!

Letmesleepalready Mon 26-Sep-16 09:39:23

Haha, can't say I'd usually have it, but it was quite nice!
Just back from the school run and already snacking... I'm going to have to get a lock for the kitchen!

Pythonesque Mon 26-Sep-16 09:53:30

Unfortunately cutting out alcohol won't do it for me as I don't drink much. Cutting out chocolate and crisps would help but I don't have the self-control. Planning my meals ahead of time will help but I keep not doing it ...

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 26-Sep-16 10:08:17

Snacks are the killer for me too, we have a kitchen/lounge through room so I basically spend my whole day in the kitchen! The only way is to just not buy anything snacky, but I need to for lunch boxes - I'm a terrible boredom eater. I've been up since 5 with a grouchy baby and the biscuit tin is already calling......

Letmesleepalready Tue 27-Sep-16 19:45:46

Well it's not been a great start of the week! How on earth am I meant to lose weight if I have no self control? Tomorrow is another day and all that, just wish something would click!

thiscannotberight Thu 29-Sep-16 13:38:12

How about an aim of 12kg by Christmas...I've lost a fair bit already and have plenty of treats at the weekend. As long as the week is structured for me I have found letting my hair down at the weekend has not actually stopped me losing. Want to step up a gear for last 12kg (lost 23kg already.

Letmesleepalready Sun 02-Oct-16 07:26:35

Ended the week with some more sensible food choices, and lost almost a kg. Obviously this rate won't last, but it made me happy grin

myjsglobal Tue 04-Oct-16 06:52:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now