Any way to lose inches?

(7 Posts)
AwayAwayAway Mon 12-Sep-16 07:28:02

Hi I'm AwayAwayaAway and I've got fat thighs. Had them all my life but now they are the biggest they (and I ) have been and I can't find trousers that fit me. I need to lose inches off them to make it fit. Top of my thigh is bigger than my hips at 42 inches.

I've been told my several trainers that fat thighs are impossible to lose, any one know if that's true? What are my options if I want to wear bloody trousers again?

I had a shitty Sunday trying to buy trousers and this time it's totally upset me.

MancMum01 Mon 12-Sep-16 14:10:37

I am the same - just been to gym and almost wept at my shape - I am an normal person from waist up but look like my body has been transplanted onto elephant legs.. I dont think it can be changed - my body just holds fat there in a disproportionate way - disappears from top half very easily making my pyramid shape all the more noticable.

I am working on building up shoulders to try to balance out y shape and lose some weight but I have pretty much given up on ever wearing trousers

AwayAwayAway Mon 12-Sep-16 16:56:21

I'm sorry you are in the same boat as me MancMum.

DP who's a real fitness freak doesn't believe the trainer who told me there's is little I can do. He doesn't understand that I am simply shaped this way.

I need some work trousers so a few posters on S&B pointed me to next. I ordered a few sizes so maybe one will fit enough for work but I can't take another winter in just tights.

AwayAwayAway Mon 12-Sep-16 17:02:31

I'm sorry you are in the same boat as me MancMum.

DP who's a real fitness freak doesn't believe the trainer who told me there's is little I can do. He doesn't understand that I am simply shaped this way.

I need some work trousers so a few posters on S&B pointed me to next. I ordered a few sizes so maybe one will fit enough for work but I can't take another winter in just tights.

fuzzyfozzy Mon 12-Sep-16 17:12:25

Hi. I was a size18/20. I've been doing slimming world and seeing a personal trainer. I've lost 7cm off each thigh.

JamieVardysParty Thu 15-Sep-16 16:53:46

It is impossible to spot-target certain areas to lose weight. If so, I wouldn't have this huge lower belly! All that you can really do is to lose weight generally combined with cardio/weights/yoga.

A good personal trainer should also be able to advise on training other parts of your body to balance out your thighs.

AwayAwayAway Thu 15-Sep-16 17:21:04

Jamie that's the thing I don't want to 'balance out' my upper body to match my thighs, I want to get rid of my funny saddle bags on the top of my legs that sit on the outside of my thighs.

I guess I need to start running and go back to core strength training and work on losing weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now