Getting healthy for IVF

(10 Posts)
Bibs2014 Mon 15-Aug-16 00:05:22

I already have a DS who is 2, conceived through IVF.

DH and I have decided to try one more round for a sibling, if no success we will stick with DS.

I have been dieting on and off since DS was 9 weeks, been having caffeine, drinking - but def not as much as I used too - and, I'm ashamed to say, smoking blush.

Want to start this thread to track my progress on losing weight (need to lose 7-10lbs, a stone would be great!), getting more exercise and giving up the cigarettes. I also need to start taking supplements. I've been taking folic acid sporadically but need to this properly to give us our best chance. We have to pay for this round so I need to throw everything at it. Also need to look into acupuncture again, read my Zita West book - so much to think about and do!

DH was advised last time we did IVF to give up drinking so if I do all this, it will help him too.

We have an appointment with our IVF consultant on 4 Oct so that's around 6 weeks of really giving it a good go.

Any help, support, kicks in the fanjo welcome grin

Bibs2014 Mon 15-Aug-16 08:58:32

Am running an hour late for work after toddler decided to wake up as I was going to bed and didn't resettle till 2.30am. Remind me again why I'm going for baby number 2?!

Started the day with a coffee from my coffee machine - I have a very milky one, around 40 calories - and a big bowl of yoghurt and berries. Have recently discovered this and really love it but takes more effort to chew than throwing down a cereal bar while running out of the door grin

Also weighed myself - 10st 11. First goal is to get to 10st 7.

Bibs2014 Mon 15-Aug-16 18:52:37

I am in danger zone: on way home and dreaming of cigarettes blush

Bibs2014 Mon 15-Aug-16 20:00:38

Chicken, rice and salad for lunch and chicken fried rice for dinner. Too much chicken today!!

Bibs2014 Tue 16-Aug-16 22:03:02

This thread is making me remember to take my folic acid so that's one good thing smile

Food wise I had:

Shredded wheat, chicken and rice and spag Bol with salad for dinner. I did snack on a bag of crisps and a small chocolate.

Brought a vaper to curb the cigarette cravings!

Bibs2014 Tue 16-Aug-16 22:11:21

This thread is making me remember to take my folic acid so that's one good thing smile

Food wise I had:

Shredded wheat, chicken and rice and spag Bol with salad for dinner. I did snack on a bag of crisps and a small chocolate.

Brought a vaper to curb the cigarette cravings!

Bibs2014 Wed 17-Aug-16 20:54:11

Just sitting down with a little chocolate and a cup of decaf tea after taking my folic acid tablet.

OH is having a beer or two four.

Did anyone else's OH get told to stop drinking before IVF?

Bibs2014 Fri 19-Aug-16 19:49:38

Forgot to post yesterday, forgot to take my folic acid and forgot I was on a diet grin

Back to it today tho!!

Bibs2014 Mon 22-Aug-16 08:13:52

I lost a pound smile

Bibs2014 Mon 22-Aug-16 08:15:21

I lost a pound smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now