Will I stop feeling hungry?

(2 Posts)
SocksRock Thu 04-Aug-16 21:09:32

I need to lose weight, at a horrible 16st1lb I am properly wobbly, even at 5'9" tall. So I've got a step counter, doing 10,000 a day and I've cut my portion sizes and snacks.

I am hungry all the fricking time. Even when I've just eaten. I've been doing this a week, have lost no weight and I'm bloody starving.

It must get easier surely?!? I'm not counting calories, but sticking to 3 meals with no snacks except a piece of fruit occasionally, and I've cut the portion sizes to what the recommended portions are.

So will my body eventually recognise that I have, in fact, consumed enough calories to keep it functioning and stop crying piteously for me via a growling stomach?!?

PassTheSatsumas Thu 04-Aug-16 23:13:14

Sorry to hear you are hungry - it often passes, and sometimes related to your time of month/ovulation

Could you try either low GI carbs or more protein to see if that helps?

As a vegetarian I cannot really do low car but protein at every meal and low GI is keeping my blood sugar stable so I don't get as hungry as when eat more carby things

I think it's a balance - eating less takes some getting used to, you might be hungry a bit (first few days, the hour before your meals) but too hungry is a disaster - for me, it's s recipe for grumpiness or overeating

In my case - over last 7 weeks of diet, week 1 took a bit of getting used to, then has been easy for most part apart from 2-3 days of being hungry this week and same a few weeks ago (so suspect hormone)... When I ate more but healthier choices

Would an afternoon snack help - almonds or Greek yogurt with the fruit for example? Or reduce your portions more gradually?

Being hungry is horrid and makes you wonder if it's worth it: hope you find some manageable ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now