At what point do I stop being a fatty??

(22 Posts)
mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 16:32:52

Just that really? Am on slimming world diet at the min and have lost 15lb so far which I'm delighted with..but have no idea what to set my target weight at..

At the min in 13stone 8lb at 5ft1"

Which is much bigger than I want to be obviously, just don't know at what point will I stop being fat/chubby? Just don't know which weight I want to be?

Any others roughly the same height that can help?

healthyobsessions Tue 02-Aug-16 16:42:28

I would look at your BMI to see what weights are in the healthy weight ranges for your height and pick the one you feel most comfortable with smile

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 16:45:45

I did that says between 6lb 14oz and 9lb 7oz
They seem really really low to me, don't want to be really skinny!

Probably asking a ridiculous question but just wanted to know a "normal" weight for my height

healthyobsessions Tue 02-Aug-16 16:52:26

Yeah unfortunately they do seem to have some un-realistic figures don't they confused I personally have found going by my waist is a good source of knowing when I'm healthy as that's where you store 'dangerous' fat, a woman's waist should be around 34in or less to be classed as healthy...

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 16:55:29

Have no idea what my waist measurements are, I'll measure and see.

One day far in the past I was happy with my weight, have no idea what I weighed though as I never used scales. I was a size 12, and I was more than happy with that..so maybe should just work towards that again I'm a 14/16 at the minute. So still got a bit to go

LemonBreeland Tue 02-Aug-16 16:57:21

I would say aim for 10 st. You will still be classed as overweight, as 9 st 7 is bmi of 25 for your height. But go for 10 st and see how you feel when you get there.

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 16:59:28

I know think it's awful how they can say 10st is overweight!
What a way to give women a complex..

Yeah sounds like a good plan, will see how I go, just know at one point I was really thin-size 8, looking back at photos now I didn't suit it at all, so don't want to go that small again.

dottyaboutstripes Tue 02-Aug-16 17:00:15

It's 32in or under I believe for women.

I was 13st5 at the beginning of my weight loss journey and I think once I hit 10st I felt pretty good. I'm 9st5 today and could do with toning up really more than losing weight. I'm also 5ft1 and remember being told I had to be 9st7 or less and thinking that was impossible!
You're doing really well OP, it's honestly worth all the hard work.

Bottomchops Tue 02-Aug-16 17:01:31

I'm aiming for the top of my healthy range bmi as I'm quite big built, I'm also going for a healthy waist measurement. I'm 5'8" and 13st 7lbs at the moment and am still very big and struggling into my size 16s. I'm also going to try and tick all the healthy measures such as 10000 steps a day and 30 mins aerobic exercise etc. These are my plans for September...

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 17:04:49

Oh well done dotty smile love to hear a success story!

You must be delighted with yourself.

I'm getting there, still a way to go, but I'll do it..probably just seems like a lot because I'm still in the 13's

So if u don't mind me asking is that a size 8 you are?

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 17:05:15

Oh well done dotty smile love to hear a success story!

You must be delighted with yourself.

I'm getting there, still a way to go, but I'll do it..probably just seems like a lot because I'm still in the 13's

So if u don't mind me asking is that a size 8 you are?

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 17:06:34

U go bottom smile it's hard but definately worth it.
even with what I've lost so far I'm over the moon and notice a difference.
Good luck smile

dottyaboutstripes Tue 02-Aug-16 17:15:32

I've been at my goal weight for 13 years now but it's an ongoing project!! I did go down to 8st3 and was a v small size 8 but couldn't get back down to that after having my last baby - I'm a large size 10 now

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 17:18:18

Wel done you for keeping it up for so long! Yeah it's after having four kids that's led me to being this size. No excuse, but nothing I can do about it now except lose it again..

Well done again though. Have some cake..cakegrin

Emptynestx2 Tue 02-Aug-16 17:20:10

Hi I agree, go for 10st, well some so far!

I've just restarted a diet and hoping to lose 2-3st, seems a big task right now though!

Cheerybigbottom Tue 02-Aug-16 17:21:51

I'm 5ft 1 and also on slimming world. I was 16st, currently 14st and my aim is 10st 12lbs which yes is massively overweight for my height but it's what I was when I met my husband, and I was ok with that.

I think I was told I needed to be 9st to be healthy for my height, but realistically I know I haven't been a size below 12 for ten years and if I can get my large stomach down I will be healthier, and happy.

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 17:39:02

Thanks everyone smile

Long way to go yet though. But every 1lb I lose is spurring me on to keep it up!

Good luck to you both, I'm sure you will do fab..smile

Emptynestx2 Tue 02-Aug-16 18:43:40

Good luck Cheery too!

I'm about 5'2" so we're all very close though you have both got off to a great start!

Cheerybigbottom Tue 02-Aug-16 19:25:14

I'm at slimming world now (fat club) my eejit of a husband has text me asking for a kebab on my way home! So much for solidarity! hmm might treat myself to a hifi bar, it's good to know there are other people living this stripped back life too lol

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 19:33:47

U will soon catch up smile it is bloody hard though isn't it? I struggle everyday especially when takeaways r my weakness.. sad

Bekksy Tue 02-Aug-16 19:56:26

Am 5.6. Was 16 stone, am down to 12.2, I will probably be happy to break the 11stone mark. That will put me back to what I was when we got married 20 years ago.
smile

mummytofourbabies Tue 02-Aug-16 20:01:44

Aw well done bekksy!
That's brilliant smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now