6 week blitz!

(7 Posts)
harrietm87 Mon 25-Jul-16 14:29:49

I'm getting married in 6 weeks and would ideally like to lose a stone. I may be mad and could do with some support.

My exercise plan is: 30 day shred daily, bootcamp class 3 x week, run 3 x week (2 x 5k and 1 x 10k)
Food: cut out all sweets and delicious things except for the odd weekend treat, cut down on carbs, drink lots more water. I already eat pretty healthily but have a seriously sweet tooth!

Any tips/advice very welcome!

MugsLife Tue 26-Jul-16 18:05:01

That sounds very challenging! Good luck to you, I hope you stick to it!

I have in the past managed to lose a quite of bit of weight just writing down what I eat in a thread in here.

I want to try and lose a few pounds over the next 5 weeks so maybe I can join you?

harrietm87 Wed 27-Jul-16 16:40:25

Yes please do join! The more the merrier!

I've done ok so far this week - shred every day and 2 bootcamp sessions. Finding it so hard to avoid sweets though! I had a kitkat on Monday and last night was a bit of a fail - I had ravioli followed by an affogato for dinner...oops.

Trying to drink more water and also cycling to and from work. I get a sugar low at about this time every day though so it's hard!

Planning a veg curry this evening without rice.

How are you doing?

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Thu 28-Jul-16 10:18:56

I'm trying to do a stone in 5 weeks - for a family wedding where I'm matron of honour.

I'm doing WW propoints - I haven't been a member since the new Smart points came in.

Drinking loads of water - fairly low carb, absolutely no alcohol. Also walking (with the dog) for about an hour a day.

Yesterday I had a mini babybel for breakfast, scrambled egg on brown toast for lunch, baked salmon fillet with homemade ratatouille & brocolli for dinner. Banana, orange and muller light for snacks. Worked out at about 23 pp's.

I've lost half a stone already, since trying on struggling into the dress. Would love to lose another stone, and tone up the arms (it's a sleeveless dress.....)

Good luck with yours!

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Thu 28-Jul-16 10:20:56

Btw - I felt very woozy before my dinner yesterday - so I'd probably be told off by various MNers and my mother blush

I feel fine today though. Already done my arm exercises. grin

harrietm87 Fri 29-Jul-16 09:01:56

Underthegreenwoodtree woozy doesn't sound good! Are you sure you're eating enough?

I'm using my fitness pal to keep at 1200 cals/day then exercise on top. Last day of shred level 1 today so interested to see what 2 is like tomorrow!

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Fri 29-Jul-16 14:33:11

Yeah, I'm fine. Just left it a a bit late to eat! When I'm proper dieting I need to eat by about 5.30pm and get early nights. And had done a rather long, brisk wlak with the dog in the afternoon. It was quite a pleasant feeling actually - it reminded me of Phoebe in friends standing up too quickly and getting a headrush grin

Continuing with the dog walks and yoga yesterday and today. The dog enjoys it anyway wink Feeling good actually - probably the lack of hangovers. I was drinking far too much alcohol before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now