What do you eat before/after workout?

(6 Posts)
MyMonkeysMyProblem Thu 14-Jul-16 09:29:00

I've started to go running fast waddling in the evening. I usually go about two hours after my evening meal. I'm out for about an hour (some walking, not all running)

But when I get back home I just want to eat a huge bowl of pasta bolognese and a tonne of Parmesan.

What do you eat?

Spandexpanties Fri 15-Jul-16 06:43:34

I run two hours also. Protein (nuts, eggs, home made milkshakes, yogurts) and lots of water. Coconut water sometimes for electrolytes.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Sat 16-Jul-16 02:31:09

I go to gym classes every evening (mixture of aerobics and weights) and eat about an hour beforehand. I eat a relatively light meal with no carbs - omelette and salad, for example, or fish with veg. That way I dont feel too full when i exercise. When I get back from the gym I have some fruit, maybe a piece of cheese.

If I eat carbs before exercising then I am ravenous when i get back and eat far too much.

Berni1426 Sun 17-Jul-16 21:23:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

CharleyDavidson Sun 17-Jul-16 22:39:37

I do exercise classes in the evening. I have to eat at least an hour before I go or I feel sick when exercising. And when I'm done, I don't feel like eating after at all for at least another hour.

I am ravenous after swimming though, so I make sure I go swimming before a meal.

glasgowlass Sun 17-Jul-16 22:47:02

Berni1426.
You seem to be posting a lot tonight about juice plus scam mlm. You do realise that you need to pay to advertise on MN?
Are your FB "friends" sick of you pushing crap on them already that you've come onto forums to peddle your wares to people actually looking for healthy ways to lose weight & not starve themselves?
I've a feeling your posts will be deleted soon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now